Do you use VCR anymore?

Romania
In this full of technology era when the miniatural DVD is available the poor VCR is gone, don't you think? Do you use anymore VCR and you use it to do what: watch movies, record something or what? To be honest I did not use my VCR for a very long time, could be 3 or 4 years since I got my first DVD and saw everything I want at it .
@luvstochat (6914)
I have two vcr/dvd combos I still use my vcr to record shows off of tv to watch like my soap opera everyday. We still have alot of older moives that were on vhs so we do watch them too on it.
I get it! Me too, but as I said before I did not use my VCR for 3 years, only my husnabd use it for recording F1.He is very passionate for it. thanks for your response!
@limcyjain (3523)
I dont think so vcr's are being used in any part of the world now. With dvd's making way and very cheap there is no reason one would go for a vcr. I have seen companies involved exclusively in manufacture of vcr's going bust. I do have a vcr but its just packed away in a box and i think it needs to be sold off in junk.
Yes you are right in part of it, cause there are poor people on this globe, maybe yould be a good thing to donate them instead of distroying them. A campaign would be a good thing! thanks for your response!
@imsilver (1669)
We have a VCR hooked up to the TV in the living room. We don't have cable so that's all the kids have. Well... there's a DVD hooked up to the TV in my room that I let them take into their rooms once in a while but usually they watch their movies on the VCR. We have well over 200 videos.. mostly kids stuff...
one of the benefit of dvd is that the devices-dvd'disc are small and it is a lot of space for it to deposite, in contradistinction to VHS which are big and you need a lot of space to deposite. thanks for your response!
@heidibur (310)
That is about all we use the only time we watch dvd's is when we rent a movie because they don't send the video store any vcr tapes any more it is all dvd's now. and we have about 200 vcr tapes and now they are coming out with this blu-ray crap so now I have to go buy that. just pisses me off. I LOVE MY VCR!!!
thanks for your response!
@gle007 (122)
I do! I've still got lots of videos, and use the VCR to record things. I do use bittorrent to download some shows though. I'll have to buy a DVD recorder and start transferring rare things from Video cassette to DVD soon.
HI, as I said above, VHS damage in time but dvds are good quality, although they could be ruined instantly by a simple scratch. thanks for your rresponse!
@SukiSmiles (1998)
My son still uses the one in his room. We mainly just have kids VCR tapes. He's very good about not watching movies unless he has permission. Other than that, we watch dvds.
I discover that VHS tapes could be ruined in time, the quality is not the same as DVds, so I am for dvds. Thanks for your response!
@beki710 (949)
Well I'm at University at the moment and I still have a VCR at my parents' house. The plan is, when I move in with some friends in July is that I will bring it down to my new house and we will be able to buy videos from charity shops newby for about a £1. Seeing as it still works, and I still have films on video I don't see the point in replacing them with DVDs yet!
yes it is true, if still works why not, but I guess Dvd is more comfortable t o use, don't you think?
We are not using VCR anymore because VHS tapes tend to get molds in it, and that since we rarely use the VCR, when we try to put on a tape, it gets dirty and it won't play unless we clean it...such a tedious task.
thank you for your response!
We never use our vcr anymore but my girls have one and mostly they use it to watch old movies that they have had on Tape for a while. Most of their new movies are DVDs but they have a few childrens movies on video that they do watch on the VCR every once and a while. Its funny because I see one day us asking this same question about DVD's people are going to wonder why or if anyone uses them anymore.
thanks for your response!
@Alfie1970 (257)
To be honest I dont use a VCR ever anmymore, I dont even have one, DVD gets turned of occasionally, we have over 500 channels and if theres owt worth watching we just record it on Sky Plus where you can record 2 things at once and even if you go out and have forgotten to record something that aint on series link you can just text your machine to record it anyway. Poor old VCR we all get put out to pasture eventually lol :)
thanks for your response!
@costello (766)
• Belgium
at home here, we still use VCR. Especially my mother,she is used to recorder things or soaps with this VCR. It is to difficult for her, all this new stuff. She does not know how dvd works, she does not have a moble phone neither. And the problem is, she does not want to learn how these things work, she finds it to difficult, to many possibilities and then she gets confused. So, as long as VCR exist she will use him. For myself, I have a dvd on my room ( not a recordable) but that's because I don't really need it. I don't like to watch tv, only in the winter, when it's raining sometimes I rent a DVD to see
yes, tell me about elders, I know from my own experience.My mom always get confused abot cell phone, who calls her, messages, etc. thanks for your response!
@nyumix (1661)
• Belgium
I don't VCR anymore. So I don't use it. Only have one dvd player, but most of the time, children use it for their movies.
thanks for your response!
@sid556 (31005)
to be honest, I use both. I do use the dvd player most often but occassionally, I'll watch an old movie on the vcr.
thanks for your kindly response!
I don't think in these any one use VCR . I haven't used mine from a long time. first I started to use VCD player to see movie....and now DVD player has been taken that place has ..... thanks
as you see from those testimonials above, people does use them. Thanks for your response!
well i havenot used it from last 6 years. since i got my own pc. and vcr are was good on it time but now in modern era. it will be very cheap to use it.
same here, thanks for your response!
@moneyandgc (3430)
I don't even own a VCR anymore. I haven't had one in many years now. We talked briefly about buying one for our daughter so she could watch her brother's and sister's old videos. We never did buy one though. My parents still have a tv with a built in VCR in one of the guest bedrooms so the tapes all ended up there. My husband's new obsession is Blu-Ray.
Hi, what is blue-ray? I read it above but I don't get it some brand of rental movies or what? Thanks for your kind response!
@suspenseful (40316)
We no longer use our VCR. The last time was when my friends who now live in British Columbia wanted some movies, but then I stopped when I found that the times that I could record them was also the times when I wanted to watch others shows. Besides they found that they could buy them Second Hand and then they got a DVd player, so now the VCR player is below our Tv set, but silent. Now we just rent a DVD or if it is any good or a favorite TV series, we buy that. The next thing is to replace our VCR collection.
if it worthy to replace them then do that, it is good to have things you care of, for as long as you live and even for your children's children.LOl. thanks for your response!
@Cocoa33 (921)
i still have video tapes with movies on them that i watch some times. also i use mine to record programs from the tv.
thanks for your response!
My TV still has a built-in VCR so I hope VCRs will still be available for a long time. I can play DVDs on my computer, but it's not as comfortable to watch sitting at the computer.
yes it is hard to watch to a computer, maybe thats why they invented DVd player to watch comfortable to a Tv . thanks for your response!
@arkaf61 (10882)
I still use it occasionally. I have a few old movies that I still like to watch. I could look for the dvd, but I see no point.MY vcr still works and I'll use it for those movies. Most of the homemade videos that were in vcr format were transferred to videos but I still have some. It's just one more thing to connect to the tv that's all. We keep the vcr connected in the living room tv so when we want to watch we use it there.
thanks for your response!