I never knew the television had caller Id

I kept wondering what those numbers were. It never came to my mind that they were incoming calls. I had to ask my daughter to have a friend call back. I thought that was some sort of message for me to call the company. Now when I want to turn the ringer off. I can do it with out a second thought. Plus it drives me mad to wake me up from sleeping. Does your company have caller Id on the television?
@horsesrule (1883)
Our cable service just added caller ID on TV. I was surprised because I hadn't heard anything about it before. I might consider getting it some day, far in the future, if it was super cheap. We can barely afford cable now, its our one luxury that we allow ourselves because we are all hooked on watching our shows. Us and the kids!
@webeishere (36377)
I have Direct TV satellite service and they've had caller ID for 5 years that I know of as that's how long I've had Direct TV. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
cable is high and that is one bill I would love to cut. I did switch from Verizon to time warner. I lowered the bill a bit so it helps.
@KKKBsmom (1094)
WOW I had never heard of something so cool! Your phone company and television must be the same company! lol We NEVER have our ringer on. All six of us have cell phones and if Friends want to call they call those!
I have a cell phone that rarely rings. I wish I could just turn it off. I have a plan so I have to pay it. Good for you all with the phones.
@rockvixen (895)
Yes, but I don't have the service for it. It's actually expensive here to add that service to the television. Perhaps in the near future when it's affordable I may consider trying that. It sure beats answering machines and regular old caller ID.
Oh the cords here are killing me. if I had to add those to the mix. I would be tripping all day. The caller id is cool to have.
@jpso138 (7844)
Well, we don't have that kind of service here in our country. Maybe perhaps in the future. We are always behind with technology here.
@roberten (3134)
I wonder who is the person who stays awake all night thinking of ways to infringe upon our privacy. I hope karma boomerangs them everytime they think up ways to invade or lives. I had no idea that this technology existed. Boy do I love Mylot or what, where else would I learn about all the changes occurring in the world today. I do not want this option on my tv set, appreciate the heads up.
I never even knew it were available. I was talking to my sister the other day. I said it would be funny if a person were to be cheating. And the cheater called the phone while hubby was watching tv. Or vice versa.
@winterose (39913)
I don't understand what you mean, I never heard of that before
call that come to my home phone. Show up on my tc screen. I love that feature now that i am getting use to them.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I believe when we had time warner, had we signed up for phone service through them, they had caller id. I am really glad cox doesn't have that feature, I would find that quite annoying.
I was thinking it would not be nice for a cheater to have. LOL
@carmelanirel (21108)
Yeah, my neighbor had that, really awesome isn't it..
Yes it is now I can turn off the phone in peace.
@webeishere (36377)
My phone company doesn't that I know of. But Direct TV does as that's what I have and use. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
That is a nice service I have with time warner cable. Happy posting to u 2
@moneyandgc (3438)
I never knew about this until I went to my parents house in New Mexico last year. Their caller ID shows up on their tv too. I didn't even know that was possible. We don't have a landline phone. It is pretty cool; unless for some reason you don't want the whole house to know who is calling!
@rhane7315 (5674)
no it doesn't and i don't have any idea that tv's had a caller id
@chrislotz (8207)
I don't have caller ID on my TV but I do know some people who do. they use it all the time and keep their ringer turned off. But soemtimes they forget to turn the ringer back on and they quit watching Tv and then they miss their calls. But then when they turn on the TV again it tells them if they have any messages and so they then listen to them. Our provider here that offers this caller ID thing is called MTS. I don't think Shaw has this option and that is the provider I use.