I Hate K-Earth 101 FM

@Rozie37 (15503)
Turkmenistan
My roommate listens to K-Earth all the time. It is starting to drive me batty. The same songs all the time. Now mind you, my best friend's uncle is Otis Redding. But if I hear "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay," just one more freaking time I am going to scream my head off. I use to love that song. Then living with my roommate, I learned it, now I hate it. His niece does not play it the way that she does. I mean okay, I am all for the oldies, blast from the past type of deal. But all the time is driving me crazy. My roommate is 52, so this is her generation music. To me, it is elevator/grocery store music. I can not stand it any more. I mean they play the Beatles, Al Green, and Aretha Franklin all day long.
@Polly1 (12650)
Now do you feel better, you got to rant. Actually when I read your post I had to chuckle. Now that song is going to play in my head all day, hehe.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
Yes I feel much better, thank you, LOL. Now you have me laughing.
@Polly1 (12650)
Good, laughter is good for the soul. I will have you know that song is still in my head, LOL
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
Oh I just love a good laugh all the time.
@Debs_place (10528)
I don't know what K-earth is but I think I would like it! I also love Otis Redding and if Dock of the Bay was the only song I could hear..I would be ok with that. The stuff I hear on the radio these days is just awful, I always feel like I am either getting yelled at or just hearing noise. There are very few new songs that I would like to listen to all of the time.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I will agree that the music was much better back then. But I do not listen to the music that they play now either. Most of the time, I listen to gospel music. When I listen to regular music, the eighties/ninties is more my era. I have never known of anyone that has never heard of K-Earth. That is weird to me.
@Debs_place (10528)
I looked it up..I guess maybe cause k-earth is on the west coast and here in NY we don't pick it up, there top 1000 songs playlist is cool. I think I will try making that into an iTunes playlist.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
Alright cool.
@maddysmommy (16236)
I have never listened to that station before Rozie. I suppose it would drive me batty too if I heard it every single day and with the same songs playing. Ask her if she can turn it over to another channel for once LOL or put on a CD on your computer and blast it hahaha
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I had to drown out her music one time. I made the mistake of saying out loud that I wanted to hear some music. She rushed and turned on K-earth. I was like, oh no she didn't. I turned on my stereo and completely made her little piece of junk disappear. It took her a while to turn it off, but she finally got the hint.
@lucy02 (5017)
I wish I could get that station. We use to have an oldies station here but they changed it to talk radio.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
If you like oldies, you would love this station.
I used to like that kind of music, but I try to avoid K-Earth when I'm traveling around that area. "Sitting by the Dock of the Bay" was overplayed even when it was contemporary and not an oldie.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I mean it is a cute song and all, but it is not a happy song. So it is very easy to get tired of it. I can imagine it was over played back then also.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
That wopuld drive me crazy to all day long. I would have to change the channel. Of course I like all kinds of music myself but the same music over and over would drive me crazy.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I love all kinds of music also. But I need more variety. I like to listen to the music that I like once in a while too.