Google adsense, I am a little confused

I have been thinking about starting a blog, and joining google adsense. Well I finally did it, and I am all signed up, and the blog is going, now I dont understand where you can advertise your blog without breaking their very strict rules. If anyone uses adsense, where do you advertise your blog. Do you put it in search engines, manual surf, or some other form I dont know about. I would appreciate any tips anyone can share with me.
@aidenw (632)
a couple of good sites you can submit your blog are Technorati (technorati.com) and Bumpzee (www.bumpzee.com). you can also visit other blogs and forums, respond to the discussions, and add the link to your blog at the end if it's relevant to the discussion.
Thank you very much, for the helpful information. I will check out both of those sites.
• Pakistan
The first step in promoting your blog is to make sure you post quality content because content is the king.Then I will suggest that you start building links for your blog as this will give search engines indication about the importance of your blog as it has inbound links. Lucky for you that I have a blog that gives you various information on how you can promote your blog and hence create backlinks for your blogs so that you start receiving traffic from search engines
Thank you I will check out your blog