What are your favourite picnic clothes

@p1kef1sh (45640)
Having just posted a discussion on picnic ingredients I thought that I would ask about fashion to accompany it. My ideal is cool linen, dock shoes (no socks) and a straw hat for men (actually women look pretty good in that too) and floaty summer dresses and open toe sandals for the ladies. What makes you perfect picnic ensemble?
@mummymo (23707)
That would very much depend on whether it were an indoor or outdoor picnic p1kef1sh! lol For a normal picnic I am with you , nothing like a nice , long, floaty summer dress - they hide a lot of lumps and bumps! For an indoor picnic anything goes - I have even had one in jammies - the whole family had thir pyjamas on! lol xxx
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Summer dresses are goood in my book. Jammies are fine indoors, I am wearing mine as I reply to you now. If you spill anything you can just shove em in the wash.
@mummymo (23707)
I spend 90% of my time in jammies p1kef1sh! My partner says that other womens obsession with shoes has mutated in me to having an obsession wixth pjs! lol xx
@p1kef1sh (45640)
When my daughter was a baby she used to wear these cute little all in one jammies. I used to say that if I could find them in an adult size I'd never ever leave them. Haven't found any yet though.
I would want something comfortable to wear... A sundress is cool and comfortable but I would rather wear jeans or shorts and something skimpy for the top or a t-shirt..I would want to wear rubber shoes or slippers..I want to wear something I am more comfortable with and won't be blown by the wind..lol :)
@p1kef1sh (45640)
If you are not comfortable then you won't enjoy the picnic. So t shirt and shorts is must be. Thank you.
@radairc (98)
Well, I know my boyfriend would wear his jeans (either long or shorts) and a comfortable t-shirt. That is his sense of comfort. I would probably wear the same, as I only own one dress and I'm seriously uncomfortable in it lol. With the chigger population out here, as well as the ticks and ants, open toed shoes are pure folly. Hiking boots are more the speed for this area.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Not as uncomfortable as I would be in it trust me. LOL!! Not sure what a chigger is, but it doesn't sound good. So yes, hiking gear maybe the best choice.
@bowtieguy (5930)
I haven't been on a picnic in quite awhile, I guess depending on the weather I would wear shorts and a polo or something to that effect.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
No bow tie? But yes, that seems like an eminently sensible summer rig.
@maddysmommy (16236)
Shorts and tees is what I wear to picnics. Don't like wearing dresses and will only wear one if I really have to LOL
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I adore seeing women in summer dresses - but I'm probably pervy. What is most important is that you are comfortable, so I can well understand your choice.
I have never gone out for a picnic that didn't involve hiking a couple of miles to get to the perfect picnic location so I have to dress practical for my picnics. Hiking boots, jeans, and if it is warm a tight fitting tank top with a pull over hoodie over that for when I get too hot or the threat of being scratched up by trees has passed. But underneath it all is my bikini so that after eating and lounging by the water side I can strip down and jump in :) Grr! Now I can't wait for summer so I can go out and do it again!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Sensible choice of clothes for a hiking picnic. There are zillions more potential picnic spots for you in the US than for us. That said, we don't do so badly. I love the idea of picnicking by water that can be swum in. Burt for us that is really just the sea as most of our lake in the south are not that inviting. Although I have swum in the rivers too. So I probably won't be wearing MY bikini underneath.
@nengs10 (3188)
Picnic is really fun especially if you do it with the significant others in your life. In my case, I want to be very comfortable in picnics. I wear slippers, with matching shorts and cotton shirts. A hat would also do coupled with sunglasses. That would be it.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
That sounds great for a nice warm day. Today in the UK it is grey and cold. So perhaps I won't wear the shorts!!
@pumpkinjam (5774)
I have two answers for this. One answer is what actually IS ideal picnic clothes which, being England, would be anything warm and waterproof! The other answer being what I would like to be able to wear on a picnic if the weather was ideal and that would be, erm, actually it would be pretty much the same! I'd wear jeans either way or maybe I could push myself to a long skirt if it was really hot (and I'd shaved my legs!). Then I like cool cotton t-shirts in the summer but usually I'd be wearing a jumper and my leather jacket!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Where's the romance in you? We have the odd hot day. Trouble is, blink and you've missed. But yes. Thermal undies, thick leggings and a Norwegian parka do tend to feature. Oh well. You can always dream.
Romance? What's that then? I was thinking about planning a summer picnic or three this year but I believe our five seconds of summer have passed!