Calling the Kettle

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
I really just do not get people I guess. I am reading a discussion that I responded to not too long ago (few days) and I found myself typing to tell someone that responded that they need to take a good long look in the mirror and think about what they said because their response was nothing more then then pot calling the kettle black. I deleted what I was typing because it isn't my place to tell them that but sheesh. Do some not even realize that what they are saying is totally contradicting what their actions show? How do you feel or react when you see such a thing?
@raychill (6571)
I have this problem a lot at school. I go to school online so it's like... our only form of communication is through what you type and it's hard to convey things through typing you know? Well apparently people always get all annoyed at me because I'm "Blunt" but I think it's best to be straight up and forward because otherwise people read into stuff. Even when I write very blunt things they still read into it though. And a lot of times I'll write out some really long response and then delete it because I just feel like...why bother? We're talking about Deterrence in my one class (Criminal Justice classes) and this girl is basically bad mouthing the entire US Criminal Justice System. well why the heck are you trying to study it to work in it if you think it's so horrible? I wrote this really long response to that and stuff and then I just couldn't even post it because I was actually having another discussion with this same chick about whether or not someone was insane or not...and blah blah blah. but yeah. In those classes people contradict themselves and say a lot of stupid stuff. I try my best to avoid those people so i don't get myself in trouble by being too blunt and telling them how stupid they sound.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I am a very blunt person also and I tend to offend more people offline though because I am much more free with my bluntness and calling them on their contradictions.
@raychill (6571)
Oh I'm a very blunt and honest person in daily life too...and I don't really use tact. So it's kinda funny. But I find it's best to just walk away. I have a bad temper and I tend to avoid fights.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I am not looking to fight but when I hear one thing and then another it takes so much for me not to ask someone which is true.
@Sissygrl (10999)
I try not to do that. I mean.. i dont like being a hypocrit.. and i dont like hypocrits.. so.. i do my best. . I dont think i tend to contridict myself. . but i guess i could be wrong.. no one has ever pointed it out or called me out on it though. If i do do it, i hope someone would point it out ;)
@razcal2267 (15577)
I would hope that you know that would not hesitate to point such a thing out to you, not that I can see there actually ever actually being a need to do so.
@Sissygrl (10999)
Thanks raz, your a good friend in my books to do that for me hehehe.
@skinnychick (6937)
This may be mean or rude but I call them out on it depending on the subject. Sometimes they can be hypocritical which I can't stand. Other times they have no idea what they are talking about and making it up as they go along- ughhhh. But in a discussion I pretty much call someone out on it. I'm very opinionated so I guess that comes in handy for it.
@razcal2267 (15577)
It is not mean at all, at least to me. I am rather blunt and straight forward so my instinct is always to call someone on their inconsistencies.
I agree with you there! :)
Hmmm I think I do that all the time but I seem to think that different rules apply to me but at least I am willing to admit it. I don't mind when someone points this out to me though. So I should really have read the responses to this before posting but I am off to now work out what actual incident you are referring to.
@Eskimo (2329)
Claire, you don't have different rules, you abide by unique rules which are special to yourself - you should admit to nothing.
No Eskimo it is better to admit to everything and then you can at least say you are honest so therefore should have no blame lol.
@Lakota12 (42794)
well I hardly ever have time what anyone response has to say as ya know emails ya go in blind of what others have said and then I ger a responce back I just go to that responce hm guess I ought to read some of them huh?
@razcal2267 (15577)
I think I might need to start doing things your way actually. That way I would stay away from all the inconsistencies that some tell.
@Lakota12 (42794)
maybe so hugs
@whyaskq (7553)
I would be controlling my impulse. LOL. Sad to say I am not immuned to contradicting voices and actions. If my will is strong enough, I may just close two eyes and skip the response.
@barehugs (8992)
I have been classified as "rude" before. I'm not a rude person, but when someone asks for help, but won't admit to being part of the problem, what can you say? I enjoy sharing, and I do have some expertise in certain areas! I just tell it as I see it and let the chips fall where they may.
Yes, we are people and we can be very wishy washy at times. I am sure I fall into this category at times and do not even realize it.
@cortjo73 (6503)
LOL! I hear ya! I get annoyed when I see people being hypercritical. That's aggravating. I think you probably handled it the best way you could. You could either get invovled and perhaps start a war, or you could step away from the keyboard and let those two deal with it.
I either don't answer it or (unfortunately) speak out of turn about it. Some might refer to it as calling it as I see it. Basically, it depends on how bad it strikes my nerves atm whether or not I respond at all. I'm trying to get better at not going off on certain things that irritate me (meanness, idiocy, judging, hypocrisy, etc.), but it isn't easy...it's been a bit easier not having time to be here much and being selective about who and what types of discussions to read or respond to.
@moneyandgc (3438)
Typically this only bothers me if it directly (or indirectly) involves me or somehow affects me. That means (for me) that I usually just let it go unless it is someone that is close to me doing it. If say it was my husband...I would call him out on it. If it is a random person on the internet, I just ignore it. I think most people are subject to doing this once or twice in their lifetime; probably unknowingly. Some people definitely do it more than others though.
@carmelanirel (21108)
I hope it wasn't me Raz, a few days ago here, I had medicine head and barely remember half of what I said and hope I didn't say anything embarrassing..
@CanadaGal (4307)
Usually, I would ignore such behaviours by others. But certain times of the month... whoa! Watch out! I'm a fiesty one, and can cut with my words. My tones are worse, so in that case, people are safer from my wrath online. ;) Laugh it off as ignorance. It's the high road. And as I paraphrased in another friend's discussion on here not too long ago, from the movie "The Sixth Sense": "I see (ignorant) people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're (ignorant)....They're everywhere."