Just a Comment Someone Made...

@beki710 (949)
I have really severe eczema, and it leaves me often with a very red face and I also have very dry skin that flakes off quite badly. I used to get bullied when I was younger but over the years I've got used to it and my skin has improved. Yesterday I went back to my college to see a friend who was in the year below me (I started University in September) and before I arrived she had mentioned I was coming to a group of boys and one of them made the remark "flakey beki" which my friend had a go at me for. At the time when my friend mentioned it I brushed it off, because I'm used to having comments like that in the past. but it's been 24 hours and I'm still thinking about it. I know I shouldn't and it was just someone being immature, I just think that at 19 I shouldn't still have to be dealing with people that just take the mick for looks.
@jimbomuso (950)
hi beki! Your right,you shouldn't have to deal with people like that. next time it happens use your intellect and shoot them down ie."oh thats really clever did you just think of that by yourself or did you go to writing classes, but I heard you dont get on with the big kids and they steal your crayons dont they". Its part and parcel of life that you have to deal with idiots. dont worry to much the ezcema will improve going through your 20's. hope that helps :)
@beki710 (949)
That's a good idea thanks, although this time I heard what had been said through word of mouth than direct. And yes I am hoping that my eczema will improve, but I've hoped that for the past 19 years... so my confidence about it isn't that high.
hi again !hang in there and beleive in yourself , I say this because I used to get ezcema and dermititus and it does make you self conscious.It did calm down when I hit 18 and completely went by 22 although I still get the dermititus now and then.:)
@violeta_va (4842)
If I say dont let it bother you I know it wont help you as I know it does. If people at 19 can be so imature than it is them that have problems not you. Your problem is something that "cant" be helped and you didnt cause this problem. on the other hand their problem is something they have control over but they dont. So who is the bigger person here.
@beki710 (949)
Yeah, I know I shouldn't let it bother me and I try not to, it just tends to niggle at the back of my mind. Thanks though.