Cell phone?!

@lishiwei (1553)
China
We had a classmeeting tonight.When I got there it hasn't began.I found many of my classmates have come.When I came toward them I found that they all had a cell phone in their hand and playing with it.I was shoked by this situation.
@ratyz5 (7829)
They have to do something to kill the time while waiting, right? Playing games in their mobile phones, if that is the case, isn't shocking at all..
@ratyz5 (7829)
Thanks for the best response
Shocked?? Then I think you would just black out if you come to my class. People in my class just need a small break to get their phones out. As soon as the lecturer leaves the hall, people get their mobile phones out, start playing a game, listen to songs [ in the class, kinda drives me crazy ] , snap photographs and do all kinds of weird things. Its a sticky situation being in the middle of people who like to sleep with their cellphones i know, but cant help it. Its just that people are so addictive to their cellphones that they cannot live without it for a moment. The other day, my friend was telling me. One of his friends at college, was found using a cellphone in the class. And you what the lecturer did? took the phone and threw it to the wall. It broke into like gazillion, mega bazillion pieces. That guy couldn't complain cos he had broken the Code of conduct and the necessary action was taken. felt sorry for him, but later i thought that he got what he deserved for using the phone in the class. bourne
@aries_0325 (3062)
Here in my country, cellphone is prohibited when you are inside of your classroom. The teacher confiscate it when someone using his/her cellphone while inside the classroom.
Why should there be a problem if they were messing about on their cellphones before the meeting began? If it were during the meeting then I'd agree it's quite rude.
@chiyosan (29383)
it is shocking in a way that they are not talking to each other... instead, they are playing with their phones by themselves. I guess it pretty normal for them to play with their phones if they are alone, or if they are with people they dont know.
I'm not sure why you're shocked, maybe a little surprised that people in your class don't talk to each other instead, but hey maybe they were texting. I play on my phone sometimes when I'm waiting somewhere. It's better than staring at nothing and politely smiling at strangers.