OMG!!! Walmart doesn't sell it!!!

Earphone Foam - Stereo earphone foam covers
@CanadaGal (4304)
I went to Walmart today, and found out that they didn't sell something I was looking for. It was the very first time I've ever experienced that from Walmart. And I'm in shock. I have an mp3 player I bought last summer, and I use it almost every day. This winter, I had to replace the earphones, and bought a pair of "Sony" earphones from Walmart. They're the little ones you stick in your ears, however, they only stay in place when they have those little foam covers on them. I lost one of the foam covers today. That's how I found out you can't listen to these headphones without them, because they just won't stay in the ear. I figured the most logical place to go would be to Walmart, where I bought the original earphones, and buy a package of the foam covers. I looked in the right section, and I looked through everything a couple of times. I then asked a staff person for her help, figuring that 2 sets of eyes would work better than one. When I told her what I was looking for, she told me they didn't sell them. WHAT?!?!?! She doesn't understand it either, and says that a lot of people come in looking for them. I was lucky, in that there's a dollar store in the same mall as the Walmart, and I went there to see what I could find. They didn't have the foam covers on their own, but what they did have, was a new earphones set that came with TWO PAIRS of foam earphone covers! I have no idea if the earphones actually work, and quite frankly, I don't care. I'm just happy that I can now listen to my mp3 player.. no thanks to Walmart. Have you ever gone shopping for something at Walmart and found they didn't carry it? Have you ever lost a foam earphone cover and had to replace it? Is there a dollar store near your local Walmart?
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I don't think there's anything I expected to find at WalMart that they didn't carry. There have been times when they were out of something (a particular color of yarn I needed, etc), but they've come through for me for the most part. I'm glad you found what you needed. As I was reading your post, I was sitting here trying to think of something you could use in the interim, then read further that you had found them at the dollar store.
@CanadaGal (4304)
This is the very first time I've not found something I was looking for from Walmart. It's possible that a larger branch would have the earphone covers, but considering I bought the earphones that require the covers from this particular store, I really thought they would have the covers too. I don't think there is anything else that could be used in the interim that wouldn't harm the earphones (fabric plasters are about all I could figure).
@Myrrdin (3601)
Walmart is an evil corporation with a personal vendetta against you. That is why they claim not to carry those earphone covers, I went there five minutes after you and picked up some for $0.25. Dollar Stores are like the Resistance fighters to Walmarts evil plans, that is why there is always a Dollar Store near Walmart.
@CanadaGal (4304)
I think you're right... they're out to get me... and my little dog too!
@Myrrdin (3601)
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
@CanadaGal (4304)
I don't often get paranoid.. however... I have this friend, who on occasion does. He's actually quite a riot to watch when he's in that state. I like to do my part and yell "BOO!" at him when I can. It's cheap entertainment.
@lilybug (21148)
There is a dollar store close by to every Wal-mart I have ever been too. It is always a Dollar Tree store. I have gone to Wal-mart before looking for something and they did not carry it and the Dollar Tree did. I do not like to ear phones, so losing one of them would not be an issue for me.
@CanadaGal (4304)
The dollar store near my walmart is called "Dollar Giant". I find it isn't as good as "Dollarama" though. But today it was my saving grace. :)
@bronie123 (4589)
LOL dang and i would have thought walmart would have carried that sort of thing odd!!! well i have before but i cant quite remember what it was LOL I know one time i was trying to find apple cider and they didnt have any.
@CanadaGal (4304)
Yeah, it's like buying a vacuum and then going back to the store only to find out they don't offer the bags to go with the vacuum.
@bronie123 (4589)
yeah thats crazy :)
@gantwick (849)
You know, you can get the earphones to stay in you ear with the handyman's secret weapon - duct tape. LOL!
@CanadaGal (4304)
hehehe... and I AM Canadian, so I'm more than familiar with Red Green's usage. LOL!
@bronie123 (4589)
if you cant duck it then ------ it fill in the blanks
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
The other thing is,they can sell you new headphones so cheaply,it may not be profitable for them to stock the replacement covers..
@CanadaGal (4304)
That is possible. It is a smaller walmart store, and I know they have next to no storage space in their "warehouse", so it might have more to do with that too.
@callarse1 (4793)
Hm, that has happened before! It's just not Walmart though, bought a razor from Sears, bought an Electronic toothbrush from another store...and guess? These stores didn't have the replacement parts! It's pretty much annoying, I know. Actually I have seen a lot of those ear buds (I think that's what they are called or ear foams, whatever) on eBay ;). Probably people get really desperate. It's so silly though, and I totally understand. Pablo
@CanadaGal (4304)
I didn't consider ebay, but of course, I wanted the earphone foam covers right away. And ebay doesn't allow for that.
Wal Mart does this crappy type of service more often than you think they want you to get fed up and to buy a whole new set of headphones and most people will
@CanadaGal (4304)
I'm glad I'm not most people. I am far too frugal for that. lol.
@bowtieguy (5930)
No ones perfect and wal-mart just provoed they're not either, If I wanted to I could make a list of things wal-mart didn't have but i've got better things to do. I have never had to replace the foam covers before, there pretty cheap I would probably just get a ne pair if I had truoble finding replacements.
@CanadaGal (4304)
Oh, I know that walmart doesn't sell a LOT of things... but the fact that I bought the original earphones there made me think they'd have the accessories for them. Logical assumption... of course we all know what that means when we "assume". ;) I wasn't about to replace perfectly good earphones when all I needed were the foam covers. That's a waste of money to me.