If your article is declined for upfront payment

Do you resubmit for just performance payments? I had an article declined because it is not unique enough. I'm not sure if I should submit for performance payments only. Please share your thoughts or experience.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
I have written a few articles for AC. If they are declined for upfront payment, yes I RESUBMIT FOR THE PERFORMANCE PAY. I had a similar problem with an article I had written for St Pattys Day in my area. The article is making money with performance pay. Don't let this discourage you.
@Jezebella (1447)
I definitely resubmit for performance payments, it helps getting performance payments higher. I'm having a hard time coming up with topics that they do accept for upfront payments.
@drannhh (15002)
I've never submitted for anything but performance payments, so this is interesting. I didn't realize it was an either or choice. If you try for an upfront payment do you then automatically get the performance too if it is accepted? I've noticed that AC seems to pay a bit more for articles than other PTW programs I like and use, but I find them a bit harder to navigate. It was a real surprise after reading that minimum payout was $15 to find they had made several smaller automatic deposits to my PayPal though. I guess it is worth the effort to get familiar with AC.
@vera5d (3958)
i will usually resubmit for performance pay if i don't make it the first time...it's not the end of the world if they don't approve it since they seem to be pretty picky...the articles they paid for i couldn't believe they paid for...so it's really kind of a luck of the draw thing i think! if i had an article though that i thought was too good to be put on there or i could use to make more money somewhere else, i wouldn't submit it...
Definitely. You never know how and when your work gets accepted.
I generally don't. I just get so frustrated with them I don't see the point in submitting any articles at all. They are declining too many genuine articles for upfront payment anymore, I don't see why I should submit articles I know are worth something for next to nothing just because they want to be difficult.
@babostwick (2037)
I haven't lately because maybe I felt it wasn't good enough. I think to myself, maybe I'll change it up a bit and try somewhere else. I thought it was decent but I just moved on and thought maybe better try something different and go from there. I would say it varies on articles and it depends on the subjects though. It might work out and it might not. If you are good at promoting, then it should do fine.
@mythmoh (3994)
Sometimes i will resubmit if i personally feel that it will get some response.It is best to resubmit it for performance pay only.One of my article which was declined but submitted for performance pay is doing well and without any publicity of the article i got around 500 views.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
It all depends on what the article is really. Most of the time I am just constantly generating stuff for non upfront payment anyway.
@Pigglies (9340)
You know, I finally ended up submitting one of my articles for performance payments only for the same reason. And immediately, I got a great response to it. I knew it was a great article that they should have paid for. It did make me decide not to waste my precious time writing articles. I'll do other things to earn money online. If I really feel like writing, I will. But I'll keep in mind that now they don't like to pay anymore.
@bcote212 (1113)
This depends. Sometimes I submit the article to other sites to see if they are interested in the piece. 90% of the time if something is declined by AC I can make a few changes to the article and sell it somewhere else.