Why do people open discussions and never reply?

Australia
I am not having a go at anyone I just want to know why they do it. I know it is a huge thing to reply to everyone but just making people aware that someone read what they wrote from time to time would be nice.
@cortjo73 (6500)
I feel the same way. A bigger part of my time on myLot is, on most days, responding to responses either to people who responded in one of my discussions or a response from one of my responses inside someone else's discussion. It is the first thing I attend to when I get on myLot. Once I am done with that, then I move on to responding to new discussions of interest to me. There are very few people whom I haven't responded to if they responded to me in some way. And, really it is just either because they said something that had nothing to do with my topic or because what they said didn't really need a response. I don't like to respond with only a "Thank you for your response". I prefer to have something a little more personal to day. If I don't have anything more personal to add, I will simply let it pass. So, I feel it is a bit rude for someone to open a discussion and not respond to others whom have taken the time to respond to your discussion. I have even responded in a discussion and in my response, I have added a question and not gotten a response back. Rude! Rude! Rude!
I am exacly the same as you I used to reply even to the once saying "I agree" now I dont. I have noticed few people that open lots of discussions but never ever reply to them or even mark them. So to me that is just taking the easy option to make few cents.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Exactly! Why bother?
@cortjo73 (6500)
Thank you for the Best Response! That was very nice and a nice pick me up for my Friday morning!
I try to go to through the discussions with no answers at least once a day. I try to find some that I might be able to answer. I can't get to all of them or have the knowledge to answer all of them. I answer ones about life, kids, general things, and things that I feel confident that I can answer. I even try to go to some that are days old because I know how it feels to have no one answer your post. I don't get as many answered as I would like but I do try.
What I ment was when someone opens a discussion and people reply to that discussion the person that opens the discussion never writes anything to let people know that he is following the discussion.
Sorry I miss understood the question. I also try to reply to people who took the time to answer my post. I think it not only helps keep the discussion going but shows people that you appreciate that they took the time to answer your post.
absolutly right. If I notice that someone never replies to any comments than I wont bother writhing to that person and find other discussions I like.
@uath13 (8207)
Some people don't care about the discussions they start. They're just wanting the credit & the few cents it gets them.
but that is cheating isnt it? I could just come here cut and paste 100 things count them as discussions and never write anything and get the money but that is not the point of my lot
@uath13 (8207)
It's definently cheating & there are lots of cheaters in the world. As for the point of mylot, it's to flash all kinds of adds up in front of us while were being distracted by discussions. It's like watching TV & having commercials playing along the bottom of the screen. The adminstrition doesn't really care what the topics are about so long as it gets people to spend time on the site.