Do girls really find it that hard to believe that a guy just wants to be their..

@Marcola (2776)
...friend? Is that so far-fetched in this day and age? Do girls always believe that a guy always has an ulterior motive or a reason he wants to be friends? You know what they say about assuming! Personally, I find it very arrogant that some girls just assume that. Maybe a guy just feels he can confide in a female better or something.
@swirlz (3138)
It is normal to have guy friends. And girls do accept friendship if they really see no other motives in the guy. I have experienced a situation where I just can not accept the guy's reason that he just wants to be friends. Because we've met through a friend who brought him to one of our group meetings. When the third member of our group left to get something, I was left staring at the ceiling while the two friends joke around. That day, all I got from him was a nod. Now, 1 and a half year later, he would text me to say he wants to be my friend. Tell me if that's easy to believe. Was I arrogant to turn his "friendship" down?
@Marcola (2776)
Did you see or hear from this guy at all between that time, and if so how did he behave? When he nodded, did he have a big grin on his face or anything? Tell me more about the situation and help me understand your point of view better.
@swirlz (3138)
I haven't seen him at all during those 1 and a half year. Not a text, nor a call. It's like we both don't exist in each other's life. And we never talked about him when our group met again. The nod was given during introduction. It was polite though awkward. And eye connection didn't last for more than a second. That's just it. Just for additional information, I'm not like this to everyone. I have very good guy friends. Ones that could hang out in our house. Ones that my mom trusts.
@Marcola (2776)
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
@cher913 (25891)
i understand your point, but in this day and age and because there are so many weirdos and oddballs out there that a girl needs to be very carefull with who she confides in and hangs out with.
@Marcola (2776)
Yes, and it disgusts me that there are people out there like that. What has our society come to? Rapists and stalkers running around have ruined it for us nice guys.
@cher913 (25891)
well hang in there, i am sure there are some girls that appreciate guys like you...somewhere...
@Marcola (2776)
Well, there should be, ya know. Otherwise, this world is truly messed up.
No I believe that Guys can be frineds with girls and that it is just platonic. I had pleanty of male friends when I was younger and to be honest they were some of my best friends I had. Idont have that many now, I think its guys who have the problem with girls having male friends, Especially if the girl in question is their wife / partner.
@Marcola (2776)
Thanks for the reply.