Japan appoints cartoon ambassador

@shakeroo (3990)
Malaysia
Have you heard of Doraemon? He is very character in this part of the world. Recently, Japan has made him an ambassador. Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura appointed the cat an "anime ambassador," handing a human-sized Doraemon doll an official certificate at an inauguration ceremony, along with dozens of "dorayaki" red bean pancakes — his favorite dessert — piled on a huge plate. Here is a bit of information about Doraemon for those who wonder what that is. Created by cartoonist Fujiko F. Fujio, Doraemon is a Japanese cultural icon and is popular around the world, especially in Asia. The robotic cat travels back in time from the 22nd century and uses gadgets such as a "time machine" and an "anywhere door" that come out of a fourth-dimensional pocket on his stomach to help his friends, allowing them to travel anywhere and to any time they wish. What do you think? read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080319/ap_on_fe_st/odd_japan_cartoon_ambassador;_ylt=AnBjJfl2mroPUjC0MtKbRwTtiBIF
@spoiled311 (5502)
wow! is that right shakeroo?? wow, i like doraemon. i am from the philippines and i watch doraemon every morning. well, i don't have cable so i don't really have much choice. i like doraemon because of his gadgets. but i don't really like nubita, is that how you spell it? anyway, that is a cute news. thanks for sharing this news. hihihi good day to you!
@shakeroo (3990)
Yes, that is true. That boy's name is Nobita... a bit of a wimp if you ask me
@manya_pearl (1903)
ah really... yeah, i knew this cartoon, doraemon. He is just cute with round hands which able to push the phone, or eating his dorayaki. How to cook teriyaki? I wanna learn how to cook it... Maybe you can share to me... :)
I think teriyaki is a sauce. I think you can make teriyaki chicken though. Oh, and what is a doraemon? Is it one of those digimon characters?
eh?! really, wow! thats such a great and amazing news to the creators of doraemon. i've been watching this anime in ages and i still dont get bored with it. i still laughed with the way Butan got round up by Doraemon and the boy (actually forgot the name). i wish i too have Doraemon's special door! lol.