The ratings for the star I find is false

This is only what I find myself thinking. I just went and read a lot of posts. From a lot of different posters. I find many people with a rating of ten should be lower. As well as a lot of posters below 7 should be higher. I find I have gone back up to a yellow star. I could care less at this point. I was wondering how some people become a blue star. I find it's no need for me to worry any longer. I have read a lot of the response. They are much shorter than others. As well as not even something that the poster could have learned from. There is no real benefit to having any color star. I saw some people with silver stars who have great responses as well as posts. Are you happy with your star rating?
@Sillychick (3279)
I could care less about the star rating. I have found that all it tells you is how opinionated a person is. If you post responses to discussions that ask controversial questions, like about abortion or religion, your answer is going to offend someone. So those people get mad and go around rating you down. The only time I rate negative is when the response is useless like 'I don't know, I can't help you.' So don't post! Or if it is obvious the person didn't read the discussion, because the answer doesn't address the questions asked. Other than that, I don't worry about it. Most I rate positive. I can't explain my star. I try to speak my mind. Maybe I need to do it more. Apparently, I'm just too timid.
Sillychick explained it well. if we post responses to some controversial discussions, our question mostly would offend certain people who are on opposite site / opinion. those people who just get mad (and being not fair just because someone gave opposite opinion) would go around and rate the user down. I know some friends who experienced this before, there were certain members that just hated them for what they had posted (in some controversial topics), and those people would just hunt them, all their discussions. their rating would go down drastically in just one night. even many discussions they started suddenly disappeared. I can't explain my star either. when I finally saw my star, sometimes I just didn't know how I finally got the rating. however I thank all the people who have given good contribution to my rating so far. maybe the best and the safest way to get rating is to respond to our own friends' discussions. however, if we did it, we would only stick around to narrow place of discussion, and I think we would miss a melting pot of myLot community later. so basically, I also never put attention to my rating star. if it goes up, well, thanks to everyone that rates me positively. if it goes down, just count me being not too lucky at that time. after all, the discussions themselves are the ones that keep us posting here, also the good friends / members that keep you being enthusiastic in staying in myLot everyday. ^^
Sillychick ,From the posts I read you deserve your star and should be proud. I am sure you will spot some of the flawed stars after reading this posts. they have nothing if anything productive to offer. For almost two to three months I stopped rating people. I would only rate the top ten on my friends list. The others just sat there.Thanks and have a great day.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm in need of it today.
@madlees (1381)
I have also been one of the sufferers in this. I have been posting all this time and I have not had anything more than a green star with 5 rating. only it has gone up to 6. I don't bellieve in this system. I do not know whjat is happening here. I have been giving quality answers , I think so.. but even then my star rating doesn't increase. Whom do I have to satisfy? I don't know...
@madlees (1381)
I don't really care about it.dear. I just don't. I have been enjoying myself participating in the discussions. That itself is enough for me. I do not need the reputation other mylotters give me. For me some friends like you are enough.
I do not even see the stars if I am answering from my e-mail.They do not mean anything to me. Who you are, as reflected in what you post is what matters to me. Who I am as I interact with others is what matters to me. I have been a red star since June or July, I came in at blue. It is all okay. I think I do better now than I did then.
@MsTickle (24994)
Well said Gerty.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I think the star thing is daft to be honest, I still am not really sure what it is there for anyway! I did notice that yesterday I was on a 10 and now today I am back to a 9, so whatever that means, who cares!!!
Just keep doing what your doing you will be fine.
@Chey1970 (1193)
I have a blue ten star, and not even sure how I got it. All I know is when I first joined myLot, I had asked about it, and what all of the numbers meant. I was told that the number in the star really didn't matter for it didn't affect our earnings. So I never worried about it. However, I can relate to the people who have been here longer than me, and their star number is lower than mine.
I have been behind you on many of your posting days. Your a ten and should stay one.
@Chey1970 (1193)
Well, I went from a ten star yesterday down to a seven star today. *LMAO* I think it's comical.
@jeanniemay (1803)
I find it helpful and it boasts some confidence having an unexpected high rate. When I haven't reached my 100 posts, I was wondering what my rating will be when I reached it. Will I be proud and will it encourage me more? I don't see the star to be something that has anything to do with me as a person. I see it as a rating of how did mylot helped me. Yes, I deserve to get it because that is how mylot has helped me. Here at mylot, I was able to improve my English communication skills like writing, gaining friends, learning and reading from wonderful posts. I see the star as something that I should thank mylot for. I don't even remember who invited me to mylot because that person deserve a high rate for inviting me here. I learned to share my opinions without inhibition. I don't worry if I have errors or grammatical mistakes. I have a lot and in due time, I will improve on it. Mylot has been a good venue and they deserve my ratings, it shows how everyone else here have helped me. Keep up! Thank you for creating this discussion that I was able to have the opportunity to share my views.
Yes you do deserve your blue star. enjoy!
@maddysmommy (16233)
They should seriously just get rid of the star rating altogether. I don't care about it and I'm sure many others don't either. I have a blue star because I am not controversial and don't respond to discussions that cause a lot of uproar -it's just not me but I know of many others who do speak their mind and get rated negatively because of it, a lot of the time totally unfair. It's a no win situation here and they should just dump it altogether. All it does is add color to our plain white mylot background.
@madlees (1381)
Hi Maddysmommy, That's the only thing I don't understand either. I have not been into any hot discussions or uproar. I have not been into any controversial discussions either. But still I get only 5 star rating with green.
@cortjo73 (6500)
I like that I have a ten but, I think that I care more that people respond to me warmly! I think you deserve a 10! I will do my best to help you get there...even if you don't care what it is!
I am very happy to be a yellow #8. I wish you the best thanks
@swirlz (3137)
I reached 10 star a few weeks ago and even though I was very happy, it stayed only for a day. lol. I'm back at my 9. I don't give it much importance. It's just a star, it looks like an accessory. I've often wondered why there are some deserving mylotters don't have 10 stars, while some undeserving have them. I've come to this conclusion. Isn't it that our star is based on the rating system? And that it is in percentage form? Most of the deserving mylotters are active in their own discussions by commenting on almost every response. But not everyone goes back to rate those comments. I believe that those unrated comments are the ones that pull the ratings down, because the number of posts had increased, but the positive rates have not. Thus the decrease of percentage. This is just my theory though. And if it is true, I think the admin have some tweaking to do with their rating system, because they should encourage mylotters to comment to discussion (to discuss), not the other way around.
I find that the response have nothing to do with the star. It's the favorites by the playground members.
@dpk262006 (56599)
I feel that we need to worry much about mylot ratings. Our friends and fellow mylottians are better judge about our 'recognition' amonst them. Our friends here know very well, how good or bad we are in our posts/comments/discusions. Be happy and be positive.....and keep posting! :):)
@jess368 (3368)
I dont really care about it anymore. When they first started the rating system, i was at a 10. I was very excited, I think i even started a discussion about it Now I have stayed at a 9, and thats fine. I dont think people care what lvl rating you are when they decide to read, or even respond to a discussion. I would like to know why some people have such a low rating, when to us they should be much higher. But again, Its nor a big deal to me.
@carpenter5 (6786)
I don't pay a whole lot of atention to the stars. It is based on how others who respond to your posts rate you. At least this is the way that I understand it. With school, I haven't been able to be on here enough lately for it to even matter.
@theprogamer (10539)
Gifts here goes a recent discussion deducing some of why the star rating is false. http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1443658.aspx Other than that, you probably know how I stand on this. I have the responses, best responses and discussions.... but the star simply doesn't reflect it. Meanwhile members with one sentence responses AND discussions get 8, 9 and 10 stars... ("Greaaaaat" [/sarcasm])
You are right that there is no benefit no matter what color star you have. Somehow I have a blue star which if great. I have no idea how or why. I just give honest opinions and try to start interesting discussions.
@balasri (26553)
I am happy with my blue star as I earned it.It is the fun and drive that makes this mylot interesting.So I take this as a gift and try to be happy the reason for which I am here.
@dizzblnd (3073)
I am not sure how the star rating works.. I see people with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more posts than myself and I am at a 10... I am not even sure what the numbers and colors mean. If 10 is good.. I guess I am "happy" But again. since I don't have a clear understanding... I could care less one way or the other
@suspenseful (40316)
I do not care about the stars ratings either. It seems to be a popularity agree with everyone, politically correct, blandness. There are some with low stars that are there because they are obnoxious, but there are those who do make sense. It also seems that the high ones are those who do safe subjects and memoirs. I would rather read a post that I can really get into a discussion then something that even a child can answer. I wish my star rating was higher of course.
@winterose (39917)
they also make great discussions that people appreciate because it is the people that are rating the discussions. I for one now that I work my butt off to find things that would interest people.
@MsTickle (24994)
I have to agree with you but I think you mean you could not care less. I find the star is a popularity rating and has no business here. And yes, I too believe it's false. There was one "Highest Rated Discussion" for the day and that particular discussion only received 15 responses. That means a lot (and I do mean a lot) of people had to rate it positive without responding to it. Hellooo...why would anyone do that? It just doesn't make sense. It was also just one of the dozens of news items this particular poster churns out daily by simply cutting and pasting.
@zeloguy (4913)
I am ranked a '95' and still don't have a blue star... is it 96 and above? I dunno. I have been trying for months to get there and just can't seem to get there... I am avoiding any controversy so I don't have people who don't believe the same way I do to give me negative feedback but no mas. I think that anyone that is an 8 and above I treat pretty much the same and then from 5-7 the same and then below that I don't even bother. It might be wrong of me to do but that is how I judge it... when I even do. Thanks Zelo