Do you have a work husband or wife?

@whywiki (6070)
I have worked side by side with the same guy for over ten years. I see him at least 40 hours a week. He's a friend and we know each other pretty good. I call him my work husband. My real hubby laughs and his girlfriend understands the dynamics between us two. Sometimes he drives me nuts too! How about you do you have someone you consider your work husband or wife?
@SViswan (12095)
I don't/didn't have a work husband/wife. But my husband has his work partner (who is male) and I always tease him that the partner is his mistress (or whatever the male equivalent for that is).
@whywiki (6070)
It seems that way sometimes as he probably spends a lot of time with him! I think it is good when people that have to work together get along well, makes the job more bearable.
I am a homemaker, but my mom has a work-hubby and my step-father has a work-wife and they all get together (with all the real-life partners) at holiday picnics/parties and have a great time. They spend more waking hours with their work-spouse than they do their real-spouse, but again everyone involved understands the dynamics of the relationships and there is a great trust among all of them. I also think more often than not, these relationships are harmless, especially when kept in perspective, but it is always good to be aware of the potential for trouble if both work-spouses have weak real-life relationships.
@whywiki (6070)
I can see where sometimes lines could be crossed but like your parents we all get together for dinners and such too and are all friends. You can never have to many friends.