myspace and age

By JJ
@myklj999 (13724)
Olney, Illinois
Okay, I've got a myspace account. Just for the heck of it; something to do and a way to meet people. However, due to my age, I keep getting rude people in the chat rooms saying stuff about how I'm too old to be there, what am I doing there, etc. Also, I've noticed every chat room I go into on myspace always ends up having someone dissing on someone else about their lifestyle preference or skin color or something like that; these always seem to be young kids doing this. Have any of you had these problems there, or do you even have a myspace? Is it only for young people or for anyone? Just looking for some feedback on this. Thanks.
well i'm in my late 20's and i have only been to the chat rooms once or twice,but i feel it is kinda for younger people or for people that are maybe looking for old friends,thats what i use it for and its been a great source for that,I myself have had rude comments,but i have learned to ignore to ignore them.because if you let them run you away they win,so i would say just ignore them and go about your business you have as much right there as they do.
I have a myspace and never knew they had chat rooms....humm....
@myklj999 (13724)
• Olney, Illinois
Myspace has an instant messenger program you can actvate that offers random chat rooms. Every one I have been in has been pretty bad.
@lilaclady (28240)
Yeh this is why I don't think having your age as a necessary thing, numbers mean nothing, I had a Myspace account for one day, it just reminded me of a dating site so I cancelled.
@myklj999 (13724)
• Olney, Illinois
Thanks. Anyone else have anything for me?
@irishmist (3820)
I do have a myspce account, but I never go to the chat rooms. I'm really just there for my friends and family, but I do get some really dumb emails from guys I don't know. I just ignore and delete them.
@rohit0471 (195)
myspace and the web itself is not meant for young people. it was invented by a person who is now old and these people have no right to talk rude things to you, on your age....
@daababy (219)
I have noticed that too, Even tho I am closer to their age. They are just immature. Myspace chat rooms are for anyone. You have a myspace so chat away. Lol. Hopefully the people that act like this in the chat rooms learn how to grow up.