ym virus worm_yahlover.al, please beware!!!

yesterday i got this YM virus, and it really annoys me. name of this virus is WORM_YAHLOVER.AL. this virus spreads thru instant messenger and it used your friends address to spread the virus. you will receive message with a link in it that once you click it, it will take control of your pc. it will disable your registry, task manager and internet browser homepage. it will also send the same message to all your friends listed in your YM. so if you encounter the same symptoms, please do not click on the link. so how do i get rid of it, i searched the internet and found out that i need to enable my task manager and registry. so it says i should type the below command exactly to enable the registry copy and paste the following REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0/f to enable task manager REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Systems /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f after doing this you are ready to kill the virus, delete svhost32.exe and blastclnnn.exe in the task manager and download trend mirco internet security 2008, trial version to permanently destroy the virus. restart your computer! viola its clean! thanks GOD! does anyone also encountered this virus, what did you do?
@rhane7315 (5674)
i also encountered that kind of virus (don't know where did i get that) but the name is different. the virus' name was ust scandal. this virus is also like the one that you mentioned. i don't know how to kill the virus so i just reformatted my laptop lol
i havent confronted this virus so far, but thanks for the update bubblyapple. these viruses are spreading so easily it feels unsecured. but thanks for your post.
@littleowl (7157)
hi bubblyapple-being new on the internet i haven't heard of this-but this is what scares me all these viruses and trojans etc--i will admit that i have quite a few viruses that have been picked up destroyed or deleted plus a couple of trojans but thsankfully my antispyware has got rid of them-i just hope i dont get this one cos i prob wouldn't know if i did-thanks for the advice will keep that-littleowl
@chiyosan (29383)
There was quite a lot of viruses going around from YM last year to early this year. We had an outbreak at work too so we stopped using YM for a while. I dont know what our IT did but it worked now.. Thank you for sharing your experience, I would refer to this one in case i would be needing something for my pc. So far - i sure am hoping i wont have that problem as i am not a very technical person. Best Regards! :D