Have you seen the new Nancy Drew movie?

If I wouldn't have been a fan of the original book series, the movie would have been good. Both my girls (11 and 6) loved the movie. And it just wasn't because Emma Roberts (Unfabulous fame) was in it. Being a fan of the books, I think they got it wrong having Nancy as a nerd. Because she wasn't like that in the original books. I tried to introduce Nancy Drew novels to my oldest but she wasn't interested. Even tried the new graphic novels but still no dice. I still have one more who LOVES to read so maybe I will have better luck with her. LOL. The movie was entertaining, maybe because I only rented it for $1.00. Thank you Redbox.
@TriciaW (2441)
I loved it too. I got it yesterday and my girls haven't got a chance to watch it yet. I was sick yesterday so was in bed and it was a good movie to me. It is nice to see movies that show children they can help others. Maybe not take on the bad guys but hey it is what keeps the attention. I loved the movie and can't wait to watch it with my girls!
Oh I agree with you on how they were helping each other.
@Modestah (11192)
my mother started me on the books in the mid 70s and I devoured them! my daughter has read a few of them and enjoys them greatly. I am sorry to hear that they portray Nancy as a nerd - she was such a stylish sleuth that any young girl would like to emulate. thanks for giving this movie a review - If it is available this afternoon I will be renting it using my FREE springtime code!
Were you able to get it today? What did you think of it? We picked up two movies and I forgot to bring my codes. Darn! Darn! Darn! I remember going to the library and bringing home a stack of yellow books every couple of weeks!
@maddysmommy (16236)
Nope haven't seen this one either and don't think I will. My son is only five and anything to do with animals or cartoons, are what we watch nowadays.
@icyorchid (2564)
Yes some movies are not the same as the books and I really think that is wrong of them to do. Especially with characters like Nancy Drew.