Capital Punishment: "The Death Penalty", What is your view?

What is your belief on capital punishment? Do you think it should be banned or that it should be allowed throughout the whole country? Do you think the method "an eye for an eye" helps to deter crime or make the rates rise? Is it good for us as a country, punishing the criminals and murderers with a solution that is final and irreversible? Or do you think it is destroying our morality, showing that it is ok to kill? What is your view on this highly contraversial issue?
@uath13 (8207)
I think I heard the other day that the U.S. penal system spends over 300 thousand dollars per inmate per year. If the average lifer lives at least 50 yrs thats over 15 million dollars spent just to keep them locked up. If they're not going to ever be allowed back into society why are we needlessly spending so much on them? That tax money could be used to help good honest people in need. If their crime was bad enough to deserve that kind of sentence then it's better to be rid of them. Then there's no risk of them escaping, hurting someone else or costing the taxpayers a fortune.
@uath13 (8207)
The whole system should be speed up. With modern phorensics & ( what is it 7 appeals )if they can't prove at least reasonable doubt then they're guilty. Zap em & get it over with. All the beurocracy just bogs things down & makes everything cost more.
I've been doing some research ( I have to wright a paper on it) and statistics shows that is costs much more to execute a prisoner with all the trial and whatnot, to sentence them for life.
@uath13 (8207)
Are you saying they're not going to have an equally drawn out & expensive trial if they're just getting a life sentence? I seriously doubt it. Like I've said before they need to get rid of the beurocratic BS & just get it over with.
@violeta_va (4834)
Well to be honest I am sort of 50/50 on this one. When I see monsters that have raped, killed or tortured people or monsters that did it over and over again killing or raping lots of people than I cant see any reason for them to live. Would they change - I dont think so. I personaly know of a case where this man killed my neighbour, his pregnant wife and their 2 year old boy about 20 years ago. They found pices of the bodies all over my country in places that kids could find them (eg. he put the boys head in the playground of a child care) and he got 19 years but he was out in 11 and 2 years ago he was back in jail for killing another 4 people. Will he ever change NO
wow, that's terrible, they should just lock him up for life.
@uath13 (8207)
19 years..... How stupid can you get?!!! Such a demented SOB should have been cooked where he could never harm another innocent person again.
once he played the insanity card plus the religion card and what have you that was what he was left with and they relised him because he was totaly changed person (yeah right he is back for killing 4 other people that they know of)