Gift Registries

Every where you go anymore, there are gift registration tables. It used to be just for the bride and groom, but now, you find these things everywhere. You can find gift registries now for newborns, our first house, graduation and more. I think we've taken gift registries to a whole 'nother level..... I got a gift registry notice in the mail today for someone I don't even know! I hope they aren't waiting for that special gift from me..... What do you think about gift registries?
@34momma (13918)
i think for some things it's ok. i think if you are having a baby or getting married or maybe buying your first house and you are having a house warming then that is fine. but i do think it can get out of hand.
WAyyyyyyyy out of hand sometimes momma. Good grief. If I want to buy something for somebody, jes let me do it......don't beg....
@34momma (13918)
LOL!! it is like begging isn't it. i never thought of it like that! how funny
@carmelanirel (21108)
I like what my niece did, she gave me the option of picking something myself by telling me how her kitchen and living room where going to be and also told me about her registry..I can't stand when I only have the option of registries, usually what I pick out is already picked and everything else is either too cheap or too expensive..
@whittby (3073)
I like the gift registries for weddings and showers, although the last registry for this couple was for both events and I ended up giving money for the wedding. My goodness, those kids ended up with more stuff than I've ever owned in my lifetime. I suppose they had fun creating the registry, but they won't have to buy a thing, they're set. The grandchildren live out of town and we just got a birthday gift list from Target in an email from my stepdaughter. We don't have a clue what they would like for her, so it worked out - I have to say that although we did buy a toy, I am an anti-toy buyer and if I had not had the list, would have gotten something else I'm sure. But it was so easy to order and have them ship the present right to her.
@jillhill (37354)
I think they are a way of getting a special present for the right person without giving away what you have intended to get them...I like them with the exception of some that list things that are way to expensive for my budget at which point I always go to plan "B"....get them a gift card at the store so they can get what they want. I haven't ever gotten a gift registry from someone I don't know...so that would kinda put me off! But basically it makes it easier to get the right gift and to please the person you want to give it to.