What makes you feel better when you are sick?

@TriciaW (2441)
I think some of the things I do were things my mom did for me when I was little. I grab the vicks and put it on and crawl under warm blankets. I remember my mom doing that to me when I was little. I do crave banana shakes too when I am sick cause my mom used to get me that when I was sick but I can't do that now because we don't have any place close that makes them. I know my daughters want toast cut in slices and 7-Up because that is what I did when they were little. So what do you do when you are sick and does it stem from childhood?
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
usually my mom give me some orange juices with raw eggs on it beaten throughly and it taste heaven to me...
I no longer add the vicks to my chest. It was one of the things my mother did for us. My friend here on my lot Said to put it on my feet and put on socks. I did this for myself and my daughter. Both of us got better faster. My mother did not do it she put it on her chest. She was sick longer than we were. I don't crave any foods at all. If anything I can't even eat.
@wickedangel (1636)
• Dominican Republic
Yes, definitely grab that vicks and rub it on my chest (and get it rubbed on my back too!). Then a little hot toddy - hot water, lemon, cinamon, honey and small bit of brandy or whisky (depending on the age of the patient of course!) and a couple of paracetamol or aspirin. Usually the soup came out during the day, Campbell's chicken or mushroom soup with a bit of toast (if that could be eaten!). And of course, lots and lots of cuddles, loving embraces and kisses. Always made me feel better...