Are You a Weboholic? y IF so, you are now medically acknowleged.

@coffeebreak (17820)
Read about the "newest" mental health problem recently "discovered". "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders." http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/87251 Personally I think this doctor just wants his 15 minutes of fame, and not to say it doesn't happen, but why can't things like this just be non-medically inclined? I mean, if it is medically diagnosed - can that person get on State Disability or Social Security Disability due to thier mental condition? And good grief, a person can be addicted to most anything, but it doesnt' mean they have a medically diagnosed problem! I'm addicted to my kids and grand kids .... what mental disorder do I have? Oh, they call that love in the "peon" world! I plan to stay as addicted as i possilby can!
Be careful they may just say you love too much and give you meds for it. I think doctors are trying to make sure Everyone is being medicated, especially the young.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Well, ot was before my time, but I think they tried that - Love Potion #9. Did it work?
That's funny, coffeebreak!
Thanks for the best response.
@my52cents (569)
I already knew I was addicted, so it's nice to know that I have an almost-officially recognized problem. I'm ready to collect my disability now. 8-)
@coffeebreak (17820)
But see, i don't know why it is considered a problem. If it hadn't been for you my52cents, and all the help you've given me on things, I wouldn't be a computer literate as I am - today in fact, pointing out the option of the flyers and showing me what they can do! Maybe it should be the other way around, and you are "disabled" until you become a geek!!!
Well, I'm not so sure I'd qualify as a geek either, but it doesn't take much for doctors to medicate - or for the government to have some really crazy reason to pay disability. Then, of course, there are those who honestly should qualify for disability but can't. Now, that's where crazy comes in! Anyway, it is an interesting article and I'm glad you found it.
@cripfemme (7718)
I'm not a weboholic, although I check my email nearly everyday and work both my jobs for money online. However, I can stop all my surfing activities when I have to, as I did in D.C. and for a few days afterwards as I recovered.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Believe it or not, I took 4 days off computer when my kids came to visit and when I went back on... I really didn't want to bother anymore! It took about 2 days to get back into it, as I Just didn't want to do it! But I'm back!