Circle of Friends!

@mummymo (23709)
There is a phenomenon that I have been noticing here for a while now and I just wanted to ask your opinion on it! I have noticed that you have your friends lists - you may share friends with other friends, you know the way you sort of introduce people and you all know each other that way! That is one example of the circle of friends. The other is the one I am interested in , have you ever noticed that people you are friends with and getting to know will also turn out to be friendly with other friends of yours although you have never talked about either to the other! I am not talking about when it just happens with a couple of friends , I am talking about the fact that many of your friends will also probably be friends with a lot of others on your list! Now I know it is a small world and I am not talking about acquaintances but about people you get to know well, chat to here on mylot, by pm, email maybe even on the telephone. I have been amazed by the circles of friendship that are built here on mylot! Have you noticed the same thing? Do you think it is because like minded people are drawn together? I know this may sound silly but it is something I have been thinking a lot about and really wanted your opinion on! So come on people , if you understand the ramblings of this poor sleep deprived soul share your thoughts! xxx
@gemini_rose (16193)
Hiya mummymo, I know what you mean and you are right, I like it though. So how come you have been sleep deprived?
@mummymo (23709)
I like it too gemini_rose! i think it is wonderful that we all get to know mutual friends! I go through cycles of no sleep and constant sleep adn this no sleep one is getting beyond a joke! I get exhausted and think I will never be able to stay awake but nope the sleep just won't come! A lot of it has to do with the pain in my back! xxx
@gemini_rose (16193)
You have a lot of pain then do you? That must be hard for you, it is no fun when you are getting no sleep, hope sleep comes to you soon and the pain eases for youxx
@mummymo (23709)
It has been almost constant for 2 years sweetheart! I am at least attending a pain clinic - their main goal is to get pain under control - if they can't do that they are going to ensure that I can manage the pain a lot better! I guess not being able to do much mixed with the pain is what causes the lack of sleep! I'll survive though! Thanks xxxxx
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I know exactly what you mean mummymo and have noticed this myself. I have also noticed that I am more open to becoming friends with the friends of my friends simply because I trust my friends judgement. I mean if they are friends with ME, then their other friends have got to be pretty awesome right? LOL
@mummymo (23709)
Well sweety if they are going to live up to your level they must be really awesome! So glad that people were able to decipher my even more muddled than usual ramblings! lol xxx
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well you already know I can follow your rambling train of thought mummymo. I think we must process our brain waves the same. LOL
@mummymo (23709)
LOl that is very true! We must have the same ancestors somewhere along the line! xxx
@Stiletto (4584)
hmm, do you know I don't think that is the case with my friends list! Well maybe to some extent I suppose, I can think of maybe half a dozen that might appear on each others lists and respond to each others discussions but generally my friends list is quite random - just like my offline friends really.
@mummymo (23709)
Sounds like you are the exception Stiletto! It sure is good to see you sweetheart - the new avatar is lovely too! xxx
@Stiletto (4584)
Thank you! It's good to see you again too xx
@weemam (13389)
Yes I know exactly what you mean , I like you am friends with so many here I have some who I am in touch with more than others . I thought if funny when you and I realized we had a lot of them in common , I am a blether and I think a lot of them are too , so yes I think we do get friendly with a lot of like minded people xx
@weemam (13389)
Take you and me for instance :) :) xx
@mummymo (23709)
That means I am a blether too then? Just koking as we all know that is very true! It is funny how many friends we have in common without realising it isn't it? Love and Hugs xxx
@MsTickle (24991)
Even though my friends are just on here mostly, meaning I have little email contact and no phone contact with anyone, I too have noticed this phenomenom. In some cases, it's because I have noticed friends of my friends and kept seeing them and come to like them for some reason or another and so I add them...by this time they don't feel like strangers. Generally, those who ask for my friendship are strangers...we have little in commmon. This is what I find strange. I sometimes think people ask me because of my avatar...lol.
@mummymo (23709)
I think that is a good point sweety and one shared by others too! Well you know we love your avatar sweety! xxx
@Eskimo (2317)
Mo - your friends are my friends - and many of them are, including nice we Gissi and Gissi's mum. I think it could be because the same people often respond to your discussions, then eventually people go to the other's who respond. Incidentally there was a report in todays paper about sleep deprevation where females are affected more than males, becoming much more agressive etc.
@mummymo (23709)
That could be a lot to do with it Eskimo sweety! Ooops my secret is out - now you know I am aggressive will you still speak to me? lol Seriously though I tend to get what my other half calls 'fragile' and weepy! xxx
@wolfie34 (26820)
Yes I have noticed that too sis, I guess you attract certain types of people and those people interact with each other as well, as you know a lot of our friends are friends to each other, if that makes sense. Yes like minded people are definitely drawn together, it's like a chemistry. I think most of your close friends are my close friends too and vice versa. Love you sis xxx
@mummymo (23709)
Now I knew you would understand me babes! You make perfect sense and yes everytime I meet someone new and get to know them so do you! It's like you said - separated at birth! xxx
I have also notice than and I think it is because we share something in common. I know I check out common interests in anyone who request to be on my friends list so I think we must have a common bond.
@mummymo (23709)
That seems to be the general consensus whiteheather my friend! i am glad that i am not alone in noticing this theme! xxxx
@tjades (3593)
• Jamaica
Well the world is definately a small place and with a site such as mylot it even becomes smaller so that is bound to happen. Such are the wonderful advantages of modern technology....creating a global community.
@mummymo (23709)
Very true tjades - I think it is wonderful that we have a community here made up of people from all over the world, from all backgrounds, faiths and culltures! It makes the community very rich indeed! xxx
@clrumfelt (5421)
I definitely think similar interests and similar attitudes will draw people together. Most of the friend requests I have sent I have sent b/c I agreed with and enjoyed the posts of the other people on topics that interested me. to me it is a natural process. Birds of a feather flocking togehter.
@mummymo (23709)
Very good point - that is how I have met most of my friends too! I guess people with similar views are drawn to each other! xxx
@raydene (9875)
Hi Darling My thought on the matter is that if I find that I like someone I will kinda grandfather claus in their friends Like I know that someone I care about must have nice friends also. xoxoxoxoxoxo
@mummymo (23709)
Wgat a wonderful way of looking at things Mom! Anyone who has you as a friend is extremely lucky! Hope you are feeling better! Hugs and Love xxx
@gabs8513 (48764)
Ok now that I have read through this about 5 times and I think I have made sense of it yes I have noticed that a few times Next could you be a bit more awake please specially when I am depressed it is a bit hard to make out what you are trying to get through to me when you are half asleep Love you Sweetie xxxx
@mummymo (23709)
LOL Ok I know it is a bit longwinded and complicated but you know what I meant! Glad you have seen it too! You are depressed angel? Do you need to talk? As for sleep you know I don't do that much and save it all up for when people are trying to phone me! xxx
@Modestah (11192)
how funny that you start this discussion as I have been thinking about this a lot lately but was having trouble wording it. yes, a lot of my friends are friends with my friends on mylot. I do believe this verifies my theory that like attracts like... but it makes perfect sense because as I answer posts that are found on my friends discussions - then their friends become familiar with me and eventually one of us asks to be on their friend list. I think I have a great friend's list! often times when I go to top discussions or hot topics - it is my friends who have the discussions posted!!! mummymo Thank you for having me as your friend
@mummymo (23709)
Really? As you can see I didn't do too great a job of wording it but I am glad I got the meaning across! lol There is a lot of truth in what you say Modestah and it does make a lot of sense! I am glad to have you as a friend Modestah - Thank you! xxx
I am with Goodie on this one... I have never ever seen such a thing as you describe.... I suggest 8 hours sleep and you might wake up more clear headed my dear Friend. I am sure there is no one on my friend list that you would even like, much less want to get to know :)))) But not to fear my MummyMo I do love you :)))
@mummymo (23709)
LOL * hours sleep - are you for real - I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep! * hours is about 3 or 4 days worth! I am sure your friend list is full of nasty, horrible people sweets! I love you to Angelwhispers my sweetheart xxx