Do you suck everything up when you vacuum?

Since I vacuum the house very often, I got tired of picking up after everyones mess. So I went to a store, bought the biggest shop vac they had (6.5 hp). So now, instead of picking up all of the dirty socks an panites and other laundry, hair ties,, and other such items, I just suck them up! It's so easy, and I just throw everything away when I'm done! You'd feel the same away about it when you have 2 teenage daughters that dont' like to pick up their clothes or anything else for that matter. What do you do at your house? crazy mother who makes sockies go Shloop!? or nice mohter who picks everything up and puts things back in their place?
I have the same problems with my daughters and son. One is 15 and the other is 6, and my son is 8, and they just don't want to pick anything up! I pulled out the shop vac from the basement the other day after weeks of asking them nicely to pick up their rooms, but they didn't care. It's so much easier than picking everything up, since all you have to do is throw away the bag when it gets full. Socks, panties, bracelets, polly pockets, beads, barbie accessories, marbles, legos, crayons, k'nex, gi joes, etc. My eldest even left out her ipod, which was sucked up with ease. The trash men came by a few hours after I had brought the trash can to the curb, so they'd know I was serious. They were upset, but lessons were learned: CLEAN UP YOUR THINGS NEXT TIME.
thats the best thing ive ever herd lol i wish i could have seen that!
suck up everything! I use my big wet/dry shop vac for ALL cleaning! It may be overkill for some jobs but nothing escapes that super suction. Everything slips-n-slides thru the huge hose straight into the 16 gallon bucket, never a clog! It's fun sucking up old clothing just to clean the hose.
@vic_vac maybe i need to invest in one...but can it really handle things like that?
@ayou82 (3460)
Before i do the vacuuming i always make it a poin to check if its full already I really go to suck all the dirt in the carpet and its not an easy job for a pocket rocket like me.
@paidreader (5151)
Hello and welcome to MyLot dededede. I wish I could afford to do it that way but since I was the one that bought it in the first place, I have a hard time throwing those things away. I would actually pick up the items and put them in a basket outside my daughters door. I figured the least she could do was to put them where they belonged. :)
Thanks for the welcom! Yeah, I understand, so I don't vacuum up expensive objects, just smaller things.
@bohica (9)
Anyone still use this site?
I guess I'm the nice mother who picks everything up. My kids pretty much keep their things picked up unless its a rushful morning and they leave their pjs on the floor. They are 8 and 10 are good at keeping their things picked up. Now how long will that last?