Dumb question of the day

Why is it that when you find a penny that has been dropped, it is face down? I told you it was a dumb question. But, as I have walked around my neighborhood or shopping areas I occasionally find change that was dropped or fell from pockets or purses. The pennies seem to land face down 9 out of ten times. Why?
@tyc415 (5706)
I have heard the saying about falling flat on your face but as for a penny I have no idea unless it is "top" heavy? hahaha
Thanks for the very funny response. That is a good one!
@lkbooi (16102)
The cases you had come across are most probably the unfair events of getting successively with face of the penny down for so many times. For a fair coin it is rather rare to get such bias outcome, 9 out of ten times. Anyhow if I were to give a reason for your case I would say that the penny is rather shy so it prefers to hide its face out.
LOL!
@ElicBxn (60044)
Because some idiots think its bad luck to pick them up when they are heads down.... I pick them up and think I'm lucky to have found money!
Me too. I pick up all change. I do know there is an old Mexican wives tale about putting two pennies , heads up, in a business so that whoever picks them up will take any bad luck away from the business.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
I don't know. Maybe Abe would rather not chance anyone stepping on his face. lol Just kidding. Maybe just a coincidence.
Funny! Poor Abe! Thanks.