Wow Eating actually causes stress

@winterose (39922)
A new study shows that eating, even the most delightful meal causes stress by releasing harmful molecules called free radicals, gosh I learn something everyday, the article goes on to say that there are still more benefit to eating that worry about free radicals, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080321123343.htm so let me turn the conversation around, do you find you eat when you are stressed out? is there a particular kind of food you like to eat when you are stressed or worried. or do you just shove anything in your mouth that you can find?
@Fishmomma (11524)
When I am under stress, I eat chocolate to feel better and new studies are saying eating a small chocolate can be good for you. Keep in mind I said small amount and many people have trouble eating just a little piece. I have a cup of hot chocolate, which does seem to make me feel better. The one food that really makes me feel terrible are chips. I feel sluggish and want to drink everything in sight. I'm sure the salt is making me thirsty.
@Debs_place (10528)
I read the article, and it causes stressed antioxidants or something like that. But no eating does not make me feel stress. They recommended eating fruit with your meal, particularly grapes I also read the article on healthy pizza and sent them a note, they give these wild direction, bake longer, higher temperature..I asked them for a recipe with detailed instructions.
@mykaylala (214)
When I get to stressed out I can't eat because I get to nervous and would probably get sick if I tried. I eat usually when I'm bored. I didn't know eating caused stress.. That is weird since a lot of people eat sweets when they are stressed out. I guess I learn something new each day too!
@ruby222 (4848)
Im a comfort eater...but i can eat anything to comfort me!! preferably somethig sweet...but if not savoury will do. Now if food can make you stressed i ought to be really fraught. How i envy all these people who have a bar of chocolate and say ...Oh i only eat one square a day!!!!!
@mtdewgurl74 (18121)
Wow is right. I know I get stressed when I realize I ate to much but never knew about that when I ate that it caused free radicals to float around in my body.. We both learn something new everyday.. I totally eat wwhen stressed,mad,worried,etc..I eat. Yes, I do head for my favorites first which is pizas,pasta based meals and alot of junk. When my favorite comfort food is not available I do tend ot shove anything in something that will numb my mind.. I am trying to to change..like when I get mad to clean,worried play games or get online stressed talk on the phone or get online. It has helped a little. Maybe I am only doing it cause I am on a diet at this time but hopefully it sticks. Blush
@suehan1 (4356)
i eat all day long rose,when i am stressed or not.i have a bad habbit of eating when i am on the computer and always have to have something in my mouth,yet when i am work i can go hours without food ,so long as i have heaps of water with me.cheers sue
@NotaBene (111)
Chocolate is an exception. Chocolate contains two kinds of anti-depressant chemicals so it's no great surprise that many people cannot live without it, me being one of them.
@tess1960 (2387)
When I am stressed, yes I eatmore. sually something sweet. I also find when I am super stressed I may eat and not even seem to know it or be aware that I am cramming it down. Hubby sees the signs or a lady at work and talks with me. Sometimes I can ward off a stress eating with just a bit of chocolate. I think it is the feel good endorphines it releases in us that makes us want it when we are stressed.