are you menopausal - how do you deal with your symptoms?

@winterose (39918)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080325163812.htm there is a controversy as to whether or not hormone replacement therapy is good for women battling peri- menopause symptoms, although I am not crazy about the symptoms, I am more afraid of the damage the hormones such as taking estrogen does, this study, studies states that hormone replacement increases breast cancer recurrence, do you take hormones replacement for your symptoms, if you are too young to do that, does your mother or friends take them? what symptoms do you have? If you don't why not?
@emeraldisle (13146)
I'm just now starting menopause and it's already nasty. My doctor and I haven't discussed hormone therapy only because even if it is an option I couldn't afford it right now. To be honest I'm not sure which way I'd go on the issue for myself. I'm leery about taking hormones but if this is just the beginning a ten to twenty year misery not sure how well I'll be able to take it. I'm 39 and already have the massive mood swings, the hot flashes, the night sweats, and shortened periods. Only the last one is a nice thing. The rest I could do without however I don't want to risk cancer either. Right now I have a bit of time to decide and to really think it over.
@winterose (39918)
there are cultures like the chinese that never have menopause symptoms, a great book to read on the subject is written bey a lady named allie sheedy I think it is.
@emeraldisle (13146)
Really? That would be nice wouldn't it? Will have to see if I can find the book on it. I have to admit if there is a natural way to stop the symptoms I'd like to know about it.