natural spider extermination...?

We moved into a new home and for whatever reason there are spiders everywhere- it's driving me nuts. They aren't as bad as hen we first moved in, but does anyone know of a natural remedy to get rid of the rest of them?? We have alot of flies, too, but I can the strips up for them. Yuck.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I don't know of a remedy either, but I wonder if they would just move on once they realized you were staying? They probably were in there before things started being closed in. Hopefully as you kill the ones you see that will eradicate them all.
@Modestah (11192)
oh boy do we get spiders here in the woods! the most natural remedy that I have found has been a piece of wadded up toilet paper... lol. my husband likes to trap them in an empty pill container. I know they sell spider traps and I have been thinking about trying them - just not sure if they truly work or not. if you have lizards or geckos around you you could let them roam around a bit freely in the house - but that might invite other problems!
@Modestah (11192)
thank you for the rating, above31rubies!
lol a folded up newspaper and a lot of elbow grease we have them here too at certain times of the year and they gross me out Ijust really really hate them so I am quick to whack them with a sturdy newspaper immediately.
@musicdoG (228)
yep spiders suck!