Do you follow the directions on the box?

Cake and how to make one - I make cake once in a blue moon.
When making a cake from the box. What if any are the changes you make to the instructions. I don't make cake at all. It has to be a special day or something. Because I would eat the cake by myself. Even if I did make the cake I replace something in the instructions. How about you?
@bonbon664 (3480)
It's not really a good idea to go to far from the instructions. It will not turn out as you like. There are recommendations for a lower fat version, but, I wouldn't go too far from that.
@catmint (628)
When I make stuff rom boxes which come with instructions I rarely go off the beaten track. Something in me must see that it turned out the way it promised. If I am making something from scratch then I get adventurous and does stuff not called for just to experiment.
@whyaskq (7553)
If it is the first time I am trying out, I would follow the instructions step by step. I would not want to make a mess of it.
@winterose (39929)
i may make a change but mostly I keep to the recipe, adding just one egg changes a regular cake to more like an angel food cake and that may not have been what you wanted.
@carmelanirel (21108)
I am one of those recipe followers..Usually if I add something to it, it is after I had baked it and I add something on top..Then if it wasn't good, I could remove it..
@bronie123 (4596)
I dont makes any changes to the box instructions i just add what it says because i dont want it to be messed up LOL I hardly ever make a cake though
@megumiart (3782)
No, I don't mix follow instructions either. I like putting my own twist on foods. :]
@alexsis (2149)
Yes, I always follow the instructions because I do not want it to come out nasty. I don't make any changes unless I want it for fewer or more servings that is on the box.
@queenofarms (1665)
When making a cake, I use butter instead of oil. I don't flour the bottom of the pan.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
I love to bake cakes and sometimes it depends on the measurement of the recipe. Specially in measuring sugar I don't like cakes that are very sweet thats why I reduce the amount of sugar. Sometimes I added some ingredients on the cake like nuts. or chips it depends on what is available.
@o2bnocn (2896)
I don't change anything unless I am making a special kind of cake. Which is rare. Most the time I just follow the directions on the box. I bake cakes often. They get eaten quick too.
@argie713 (1809)
I don't make cakes too. I don't follow every instruction that is written in the box. I always experiment on what I make. I would rather make it according to my own liking rather than following the instructions on the box.