Do You Remember The Choose Your Own Adventure Books?

@omupas (1243)
When I was younger I can remember loving to read the Choose Your Own Adventure books. You would read and then come to points in the story where you would make decisions as though you were the actual character in the book. You could read the same book multiple times and end up with different stories. Do they still make these books? Do you remember these books, and did you enjoy them?
@kykidd (6819)
I vaguely remember these books. They were fun I remember and I think they started to become popular in the late 70's, not sure. I haven't seen anything like this lately, but it would be good for kids to use their imagination with these.
no, and I used to work for Pocket Book Distributing..owned by Simeon and Schuster..I was a DM in Michigan and Indiana and sold to various accounts like Woolworth, Kresge,Grants, etc etc..but I did enjoy Doc Savage books and J.D. McDonald, but the most inspiring book to me for business is by Napoleon Hill and it was called "Think and Grow Rich" or another book called "acres of diamonds"...this is where a man would travel the whole world looking for diamonds but the diamonds were found in his own back yard..or some thing along that theme...does this ring a bell? lol..as you believe you will receive...faith will move mountains... Self Improvement Makes Prosperous Living Easy...simple?[i][/i][b][/b]
wow, it's been a long time. I was still a primary student back then. we had some of these books translated into Indonesian and I really loved them. because I could read the same book again and again but with different "the end". :P I also wonder about these books, I couldn't find them in the bookstores nowadays. I also searched them when I came to some english bookstores but didn't find them either. I didn't remember the writer nor the publisher, but I do remember these books and I enjoyed them very much back then.
I have only come across one of these books in my life, and that was in high school. I did love it however. I like re-reading books anyway, so having one that I could re-read and, due to my choices, come out with a different ending, was ideal for me. I don't know if they make these books still, but I would love to have a few more.
@writersedge (22579)
I loved them. I liked the ones for teenagers better than the ones for younger children. I read a Martial Arts one that was really, really fun. Some paths, you get killed, so you back up and go to on a different path and end up getting rich, or starting your own Martial Arts studio, or you grow up and get married and have a nice job helping people, it was interesting.