Money off your next purchase.

Often times when you make a purchase, the receipt now offers phone or internet surveys in which you can participate to receive money off your next purchase or some other perk. Do you take advantage of these offers?
@nicholejade (2430)
I have never seen this on any of my recipts. I don't have any right now but it is worth looking into. As I do shop alot. What kind of store recipts do you find this on? Thanks for this as it has enlightened me to actually look at my receipts from now on. I usually just look at the items that I purchased.
I've seen this on many receipts. Usually its on the bottom or on the back.
I will have to check this out on the next receipt I get. Thank you.
@mummymo (23709)
Well I probably would if we got them but I haven't seen these! I hope they come our way soon sweety! xxx
A few dollars off helps in any situation. So I hope they come your way soon also.
@maddysmommy (16243)
I do fill in those surveys and have noticed that they offer a percentage off of the next purchase. By the time I get around to buying something from there again, it's expired.
LOL. Yes, that happens to me sometimes too. I try to remember to keep them in my wallet, that way if I'm at the store where the discount applies I can use it then.
Just once in awhile and I found that the survey only offered you an entry into a sweepstakes big deal so I disregard them anymore as I am already entered into a zillion sweepstakes from taking surveys and doubt I will ever win one of the twenty five thousand dollar sweepstakes. It would be fun but not likely to happen.
I feel the same way. I only use those that give me dollars off my next purchase. I never win anything so have become rather weary of those promotions.
@Ohara_1983 (4122)
• Kuwait
here in kuwait we have card or a raffle for the reciept, sometimes i try to enter my recieft to the draw hope i will win, even do i know that i cannot get anything except in scratch & win coupon, also earning point will be great offer to the member of the store.
I rarely enter into promotions such as you describe. I guess I have little faith that I will be drawn.
@wolfie34 (26881)
In the UK we have cards which you use to get points, the points accumulate and if you have enough you are sent vouchers every quarter plus you get money off vouchers, they usually reflect what you have bought in the past so at least the vouchers are useful, sometimes they offer money off or gain extra points. We always take advantage of offers which help save money and get money off shopping, as they say it all helps!
Some of these are very helpful. I just did a 2 minute phone survey that gave me $10 off my next $30 purchase. Thats a third off what I would normally pay. Not too shabby. Especially since its one of my favorite places, Bath & Body Works. LOL.
@kykidd (6823)
A couple of the places I shop have these, but the only thing that they offer is entry into a contest to win a gift card. I usually participate if I notice them on the receipt, in hopes of winning.
I haven't had a receipt that offered entries in a contest. I don't think I would participate in those, they don't really interest me.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
I see them on my WalMart and Golden Corral receipt and I'll do them sometimes, but I've never won anything. When I was in NC I went to Capt D's occasionally and they offered a free lunch if you'd do their survey online. I did that once or twice.
@bowtieguy (5931)
Yes, one of the stores I shop at the most always emails me a survey every 2-3 months and upon completion the give my cupon codes for 25-30% my next purchase.
@polachicago (19143)
When I was about to respond to your discussion, I saw flying object over my screen. It was an add about surveys. It was new for me.... I don't like next purchase coupons, I have tendency to loose them all....
I am not sure what walmart has on that receipt. I have called in a few times to that one. I have not really been doing it on any others. I think a few times home depot had something. I try to remember you have to be in it to win it. But golly when will it be my turn?? So I get tired of doing them and leave them a lone.
@winterose (39931)
I only use rebate coupons, nothing else, I don't like those gimmicks, I end up getting too much junk mail that way.