Would you have been mad or hid the bottle?

I am happy to say last night my man toy spent the night with us. He came over being I wanted to wait till he was off to go see him. I would hate to have to see him drop me home then go back to the highway to go to work. He fixed my door that was leaning on the wall as well. Got along so well with my daughter as well. She and him went back and forth with the playing. Well Right before we went to bed. He went to put his cell phone down. It was a large water bottle in the place a nightstand would be. He said I'll rest my phone here for the night. But he paused for a minute or two facing right into my piggy bank. I am on my meds so it did not bother me. Had I not had my meds that would have caused and explosion. I would have thought he was violating something. Ok now lets hear your thoughts. Should I leave the bank or move it? I don't want temptation to get me to take any out. And would hate to find someone counting my money. Thanks for reading my long post.
@carmelanirel (20979)
This is really hard to say, because he now has a job, but in the past has asked you for money.. I think this is something you will have to take slowly.. To begin, maybe take out the majority of the money and put it somewhere else...Better to find out now if he would be the type to take without asking and I sure hope not, since you love him so..
I don't think he will take it from there. I think he will tell me to spend it while I am trying to save it. Like maybe one day when he has no gas. He may mention that bank of quarters. I think I am leaping too far here.
uh oh, red flag..That is why I always had trouble saving money..I can save it, but suddenly my husband needs gas money..I am sorry, but if you are saving it for something, it is going to be hard unless you can tell him no..I guess I can't because with no job, I don't feel like I need it even though I do save it up for something, my husband makes me fell guilty for not helping out...
I neverhad any problem with my hubbytaking money but when he withdrew money from our joint savings account he always forgot to write it done which made me so mad because then thenext person to write a check would likely overdraw our account
@winterose (39918)
unless you have a thousand dollars in your piggy bank, why would he risk a good relationship for that?
Why did I not think of it that way?
@winterose (39918)
thanks so much for the best response hun, I appreciate it.
@sedel1027 (17855)
If he is as good as you say he is, I doubt he is actually counting your money. If it worries you though, move it. Can't hurt. Plus if you hide it, you won't want to spend the money either.
I think i was just being me. Over concerned about nothing. The guy is the sweetest thing in the world. I feel he may just leave me after while. I worry about everything.
I am reading through, and it just came to my mind that my hubby is fascinated with money, not for what it is worth, but just with the coins and different bills. He would no more take money from me than he would fly, but he would like to have it, and might look very longingly at it.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Well me, I would move it and hide it out of the way, out of sight, out of mind and all that. I have a tin that I collect all kinds of coins in and I have a fair bit in it and I hide mine and I am married to my fella!! Its just that I know if its hidden then it will not be spent, plus my hubby will not talk me into spending it either!
I remember when I had a can of coins. I had it right under my coffee table. My mother told me back then to hide it as well. Thanks
@chrislotz (8203)
I don't think he would count the money. I don't think he would disrespect you that way. So I would just leave it where it is, since it isn't bothering him. Why bother moving it. Or if you really want to move it, maybe just put it on the floor under the table.
I am going to have to trust my gut and hope it's just me. He even told me where he hides his money at home. I forgot about that one. I hope I am just getting concerned for nothing.
@sid556 (31005)
gifts.. why did he tell you where he hides his money and if he has money then why does he need money from you? I think when your gut is telling you to hide the money.
I would say that I am the type to try to avoid problems all the way around. I would hide the bottle to keep from being tempted myself, keep him from "needing" it because he has needed money in the past, and to also make sure my young daughter is not tempted either. It just is a wise thing to do.
Your so right about all of this.
@jennybianca (12915)
This is a bit confusing. I presumer your "man toy" is your boyfriend? I think if you feel uncomfortable leaving your money bank around where he can see it, best to put it in a safer place where it is not on view. Then you wont have any concerns in this regard.
I realized a few hours ago I was worrying about nothing.
@bluemars (952)
Perhaps you should just move it to keep your peace of mind and he might think that you just spent it or something. Anyway it is yours and should be kept private regardless I think. It takes a lot to save sometimes and it is your own goal and really should not be in preying eyes. You just don't know these days and I think it is better to be safe rather than sorry.
Thanks as I should have already known this. I have been robbed before.
@lishiwei (1553)
You'd better move it.I ththink you shouldn't let others know where you money is put and how much is it.It will be dangerouse.
Yes it's a good bet just for safety sake.
• Bahamas
I would not be mad.I dont think he would rob you,do you? maybe he was staring at the odd place you have it.After all it's in your bedroom and he was invited in.But i would put it away i just could'nt leave it out like that. It's to easily accessable for anyone.
Ok I have decided to place it in my closet. Thanks
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I don't leave things like that laying around. Maybe he was just admiring that you were a saver. I think I would move it, but then the question is, do you trust him?
I should have learned my lesson when my debit card was stolen. But that was family I think who took that.
@vera5d (4006)
if you have a lot of money there, put it in a bank or somewhere else...even if he doesn't take it, it could be tempting for someone else.
No one but my daughter can ever reach that side of my bed. So that could not tempt anyone. As for the bank the change will go in it when it's full. Thanks
I would dump it out and count the money. Then return it and do not add any to it. If you want to save more put it somewhere else. If you put it up altogether there is no temptation, but I would leave it out to see how the level of trust is.
@ElicBxn (60879)
If you are afraid it'll be a problem, move it. In fact, I suggest that if its going to be a problem, move it totally out of sight.
@fifileigh (3619)
move it...place your piggy bank in your secret hiding place that no one knows but you...
@sid556 (31005)
From past posts that I've read about your man, I'd be wondering. I think you have been thru a lot and you have had some red flags with this guy in the past...I really think just to be sure that you should hide it. I don't know what sort of meds you are on but I have a friend that got on meds for depression. Oh my lord...she suddenly was at ease with all sorts of things in her life that she really should not have been. The reason for her depression was the very things she really should have been taking notice of and not getting numb to. I really don't know but the fact that you felt enough to write this tells me that you should move it.
I am on med for paranoia and bipolar disorder and depression. I am more paranoid than anything.
@TerryZ (22083)
Well if you cant trust the guy you should move the piggy bank. And not trusting someone who your so interested in is not a good thing. Trust is everything in a relationship.