Man I love funnel Cakes : )- @

Wow you like my art that smiley face and the funnel cake. lol just kidding. But getting to the point. I love funnel Cakes. We all know the best places to get them is at the fair. I love the state fair food. The state fair food is so delicious. But do you guys eat funnel cakes. So do you add anything else to the funnel cake or you just keep it original. I just eat it like it is.
@jess368 (3377)
Funnel cakes are good. The only place I really get them is at the fair, so I dont have them very often. I do think Denny's has begun to make them though. Or IHOP, I dont remember which. I just like them fried with powder sugar on top! Yum Yum! Although, the fair costs too much now a days, so it may be a while before I get another funnel cake!
Yep you are so right. I love eating funnel cakes. It is a great snack or dessert. I want to learn how to make them. And yea the fair does cost.
@jess368 (3377)
Ingredients # 1 1/3 cups flour # 1/4 teaspoon salt # 1/2 teaspoon baking soda # 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar # 3/4 teaspoon baking powder # 1 egg, beaten # 3/4 cup milk # 1 teaspoon vanilla # oil, for frying # powdered sugar Directions 1. 1 In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. 2. 2 Beat egg, milk, and vanilla together in a separate bowl. 3. 3 Add milk mixture to dry ingredients beating until smooth. 4. 4 Fill 8" skillet with 1 inch oil and heat to 375 degrees. 5. 5 Cover funnel hole with finger and fill with about 1/4 cup of batter. 6. 6 Hold funnel over skillet and remove finger moving funnel around to form patterns with the batter. 7. 7 Fry until golden brown, about 1 or 2 minutes. 8. 8 Turn over with tongs and continue frying another minute or two or until both sides are brown. 9. 9 Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 10. 10 Serve hot.
I hop makes the funnel cakes. they are ok but they dont beat teh ones you get at carnivals or amusment parks lol. oooo and I definately have to try that recipe.
@queenofarms (1665)
I love funnel cakes. I like mine with apple or cherry filling on it. Oh and can't forget the powder sugar.
@Feona1962 (7529)
Love the art work Des..You are so creative..We love funnel cakes and yes the fair is the best place to get them..We never leave without having our funnel cake with powdered sugar sprinkled on it..The other state fair goody that my husband just has to have....is the Cinnamon Rolls..