retired NFL Players are at risk...

@winterose (39917)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080327171014.htm the world famous mayo clinic in the usa has just come out with a study that retired NFL players are at risk for heart problems, yes that sport of football is rough and takes it's toll on the men that play it but this is very alarming to me. what do you think? do you have any football players in your family?
@ElicBxn (60894)
Considering that my family is all short, no, we have no football players in my family. But I live in a city with a big college team and some of those guys come back. I know that Earl Campbell can barely walk due to his football injuries. I can well understand that men that do those kinds of sports will have an increased rate of heart problems if they don't take care of themselves after they leave the sport. Many gain weight, some have risks due to their repeated sports injuries of developing blood clots. I can see that football players might have increased health risks. I also remember a former pro player that came back to Austin, started a sports center for poor black kids won the lotto a few years back and gave most of his winnings to his sports center - he is an AWESOME man.
@winterose (39917)
I don't really follow any sport but you are right there are health risks with all of them. yes I love when pro players give to the community it is truly awesome
@ElicBxn (60894)
Thanks Rose for the BR!