Do you keep track of your monthly expenditures? Do you make a regular budget?

Expenses breakdown! - How do you know you are not spending more than you are earning?
How much do you spend for a month? Do you have a list of it? Do you know how much you spend in a day? Do you make monthly budget of these expenditures? Expenditures = Income - savings? Do you follow this equation to save money?
@maddysmommy (16236)
Most definitely have a budget and we try to stick to it each fortnight. I have it all laid out in spreadsheets and keep track of our daily spending. Sometimes we go over a little because of unexpected healthcare costs and school events, but other than that, we are working on getting back on track again.
@stephcjh (32328)
I always keep track of my monthly expenses. We have to because money is so tight and I want to make sure I apy all of my bills and have enough to buy the extras and food. I make a list every month and check things off as they are paid and refigure the things that are left. I never overspend and try not to spend each day for things. I always figure things up and put back money to pay some bills off. I do this all the time, every month. I really do not save any money. It is already spent for my bills right now and the debts I want to pay off.
@tjades (3593)
• Jamaica
Without a budget I would absolutely be left in the red. Being broke and indebted makes me feel like fish out of water so I have to take steps to minimise this as much as possible. My childhood experiences and the wonderful upbringing of my parents has taught me to be satisfied with what I have so I dont make a big fuss if at some time or the other I cant get something I really want. My budget consist of just about the same things all the time. Bills, food, travel expences stuff like that. I love shopping and nicities and so will make provisions for these as much as is possible along with some savings. Things are getting tighter everyday so I have to be even more careful now about how I spend. I do have to make a calculation of the daily expenditure so that the adequete sum can be put aside for that purpose. Sometimes I do wish I could be more carefree but such is the nature of adultwood. Right? (lol)
@winterose (39922)
that is easy no money to save, I can't even pay my bills and I eat from food banks,
@Jody20 (887)
• Netherlands
Yes, i keep a budget. I have a list of my regular expenditures so that i know how much one i can spend in a day. My equation: Income - Expenditures(incl. saving) = spending money. Then spending money : number of days of the month = daily spending money.