how many ways to help others? have you ever help to anyone or friends,relatives?

@Dasari100 (3803)
Anantapur, India
hello friends, i think we have so many ways to serve people , you can help through donating fund to students,children,poor people,medicine,clothes and so many ways we can help to others, of course i have donated two time blood for others so have you every help to anyone in such kind of good things, and tell about you are experience s most of the people helped there friends,relatives but few people can help unknown people. I want to listen those words from you people.
I help others with random acts of kindness through out my day. Little things like holding a door open, letting someone who looks like they have had a long day go infront of me in a big line up, saying hello, or just giving a simple smile. If I like someones hair I will compliment them on it, even if I don't know them. Something as simple as this can really make someones day. And I always feel good inside when I know I have made someone happy.
@Breath (1297)
I have seen people where I live holding signs asking for food.I always try to stop and give food.I have went to the store one time and bought a whole bag of bread and other food and took it back to a man and his family.I am not rich by no means but to help others makes you rich in humaniaty and love.I also donate clothing to a local thrift store that takes the money from the items they sale and feed local hungry families.I think we should all reach out and help each other no matter the color of skin,age,ect..We all have to share this planet so we should share the love.
I think the best ways to help others is to help them help themselves. Like the old saying goes "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach a man to fish you feed him for life." I think it is good to help empower others with skills and knowledge to help themselves. I think it is fine to give handouts at first but then they need to learn how to take care of themselves...
@Samanthavv (1386)
I try to help when I have the ability to do so. I really can't help much financially, or even materially. I'm a teen mom, and married young. But, it is my dream to open a pregnancy and infant resource center in my community. I know it's desperately needed and could mean a lot to the people in my community.
@jiangsl (377)
Hi Dasari100,Good topic !My major is computer,and I know computer very well.So my many colleagues ask for me help,I also like to do.I give my seat to aged man or children,I lend my friends money.I help my friends find job or introduce girlfriend and so on.
there are so many ways to help others, through financial, emotional, educational, psychological and physical support.. the only thing that needs to be consider is that you do it whole-heartedly and without expecting something in return. you can help your friends, relatives, neighbor, classmate, and even those people you hate the most. if you and your friends are lucky enough to have something if not everything.. you yourselves may serve people through volunteering in building a community inside the school, community and in the workplace.
@miller1978 (1104)
There are so many ways that you help without ever realizing it. I take time every week to go down to the local nursing home where I used to work and spend time with a few of the residents there (because either they don't have family or they don't talk to their family). I sit and talk with them about things they have done in their past (work, family, friends) and see what happiness it brings to them. I also donate things on freecycle or go to the thrift store and drop off things that they can sell off to donate the money to our local church that helps people with utilities and food. I also take food down to the church that we don't use and they can donate that to a family that needs it. There are also the little things; giving someone a ride from the store to their home if they don't have a vehicle, watching a friend's kid while they are out looking for work, running errands for the elderly or disabled. I also go over to a friends house and help her clean once a week since she holds like 3 jobs.