Cell Phone Cover

Cell Phone Cover - Cover made with plastic canvas to protect my phone.
@carolbee (16243)
I do have a cell but it's not a flip phone. More than once my phone called someone on my call list. I decided that something needed to be done instead of replacing the phone. It's relatively new and has a camera. I made a cell phone cover to protect the numbers. Nobody has made fun of me yet..lol What's your opinion, please. Thanks for any feedback.
@nicholejade (2430)
That is really cute. I don't have a cell phone like that. Mines a flip phone. I do have a camera on it and I have a cell phone cover for it to protect the camera itself. I wish I had a phone like that. I want one of those covers. Good job as you really can't find covers like that and any good cell phone covers for the straight phones that protect it from calling people on your list let alone random numbers.
@carolbee (16243)
Thanks so much for the nice compliment. This was a new project that I made for myself. I enjoy trying new and different projects. Thanks for responding.
I see that you like crafts. What other things have you made?
@carolbee (16243)
Another response brought me back to this discussion. I make Sesame Street wall hangings and banks. Also have been making firetruck banks since our kids are firefighters. Thanks for asking.
@mamasan34 (6522)
Oh that is so cute! Pretty ingenious I must say! I would never have thought to do something like that.
@carolbee (16243)
Thanks so much for the nice compliment. I'm always trying to make something new and different. Thanks for responding.
@stephcjh (32385)
I don't have a cell phone cover for my phone. I just have a cheap prepaid phone to use. I only use it for tng mainly. Mine iflip phone either. I think you can auto program your cell phone to not dial any numbers unless you manually choose to dial yourself. That way it does not call someone until you are ready to do so. It should be under your settings, under speed dialing. You can turn that off or on when you need to use it or not.
@carolbee (16243)
I need to find the manual for the phone and set it so it's locked when in my purse or jacket. The cover helps but hasn't cured the problem. Thanks for responding.
@blackbriar (9126)
We used to have those types of phones and it would drive us nuts when our phones were in our pockets and we would bend over just to have some of the numbers pressed on the phones and then someone come online saying 'hello...hello' Sure glad we got the flip phones cause now that never happens. I like your idea of the cover. Hope it works out for you.
@carolbee (16243)
This is exactly what's happening even when the phone is in my purse. It touches something and the numbers are pushed. I'm about ready to get rid of the phone since it drives me batty. Thanks for responding.
i also have a cell phone and it is not a flip phone either although i do like flip phone but after a while phones that do not flip open began to grow on me i am always but calling someone if i accidentally but call my boyfriend he will sit there an have his own little conversation with my but haha whenever i get some more time on my hands i am planning on knitting my own cell phone cover my sister made herself one and it turned out really good
@carolbee (16243)
It was the only phone cover I made. I finally learned out to lock my phone so it wouldn't call people. Have fun knitting a phone cover. Thanks for responding.
@jillhill (37354)
Wow you go girl!
@carolbee (16243)
It was a fun project to make and works pretty good. Thanks for responding.