My Frickin' daughter made me walk a few miles

@webeishere (36353)
Okay she really didn't make me walk at all but the story is she usually visits on the weekends with the grandsons. Well this weekend her car needed some reepairs so she did not make it. Now when she visits her and my wife and the kids go for a lengthly walk to the C00n Rapids Damn on the Mississippi River. It's a walk of maybe 4 miles there and back total. Well as my daughter was not here this weekend I made a long walk with Buster & my wife Saturday morning. Then I took Buister for a long ealk after my wife left for work. Again Sunday morning a nice long walk with Buster & my wife. Then we went to Mernards to just get some laundry sopa. Well on the way home my wife suggested a shiortcut walk to the C00n Rapids Damn. Well I know she is a lousy judge of distance. The shortcut was over a ile walk. But all in all these walks are great for me especially since I am quitting smoking. So this weekend I must have walked 12 to 15 miles total. How often do you walk? How far are your walks? Do you walk for health or boredom? Or just for your pets sake etc? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Thats a lot of walking. At least its good for you. When I was walking alot, I would walk 2.5 miles per day. I should really start doing that again. I was walking trying to loose some weight. I think quitting smoking was eaisier.lol
@webeishere (36353)
I walk each day now weather permitting since I quit smoking. I hope the weather stays nice though. I don't think I'll be doing much walking today. 4 to 9 inches of wet heavy slushy snow due here in Minnesota. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Ick. Here in Wisconsin we are just supposed to get the rain. I'm glad were not getting snow. Yuck. I wouldnt walk in that either.
@webeishere (36353)
Snow Rain Mix - This is getting nastier.
Yeah it's nasty here. Lots of slush as this photo shows. Nasty driving as I just got back from an A.A. meeting a little while ago. Driving at rush hour will be nasty. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@callarse1 (4791)
Hello Grandpa Bob! How are you doing? I love walking. I will usually walk about thirty minutes each day. It's good to relieve stress and to get out for a bit. It's very good for everyone really! I love walking to get moving. Hm, I usually don't walk miles now, but I do like to walk. I love walking to the park, too. Well, I don't have any pets, and I wouldn't say I walk because I'm bored. I just do it because we should exercise for our health, right? :) Pablo
@webeishere (36353)
All in all, todays walks took maybe 2 1/2 hours time. Buster loves being out of the house and yard so since I quit smoking I take him for a wlak more often. Walking is a great form of exercise actually. Not a cardio workout but still a form of exercise for us old farts? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@callarse1 (4791)
You're not old, Grandpa Bob. You are as young as you think you are :). Actually I would love to walk a pet, but I don't have any pets! It's just too bad. Walking is excercise and it doesn't mean you have to be working out in a gym. Excercise is excercise, right? Pablo
@webeishere (36353)
You're correct in all aspects here. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@diansinta (7550)
I think Buster need an execise and you too grandpa Bob
@webeishere (36353)
Not in this nasty weather. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@diansinta (7550)
Hahahah!!!
@wisconsin26 (3859)
Hi Bob I like walking well ok sometimes I do... I really like it when I am out berry picking so I don't miss anything I could go miles and miles with no problems... During the summer though when my son is bored along with me we'll go walk to where ever and than come back... Sometimes just getting out and walking is good for one person.. 12-15 miles is a long ways that's for sure.. It is a good things though sense you stop smoking I mean it gives something better to do and much more healthier for you also! I really need to kick that habit myself.. Your wife sounds like me when you said she's a lousy judge of distance lol I do the same thing all and only because I don't wanna go right away!
@webeishere (36353)
I can recall walking miles deep into the woods up North picking wild blueberries as a kid. I couldn't do that now though. Thanks and I feel a lot better withoput the smokes. Day 8 today that I am smoke free. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jennybianca (12913)
I Buster loves all this long walks. I dont walk as much as this. Hubby & I are trying to walk more regularly. It is motivating that you have somewhere pleasant to walk to. We have a walk that goes through a very pretty park, also with a small dam, with ducks in it. Ours only takes 20 minutes though. Have you been loosing weight with all this walking?
@webeishere (36353)
Yeah he goes nuts when we grab the leash. he sits at the door whining and crying till we clip the leash to his collar then he starts jumping at the door. Theres a lot to walk to around me. Once the snows gone totally and dry I like walking through the paths in the Nature center. I haven't weighed myself actually. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Wow I hope people read your posts fully or im starting to sound like the daughter from hell. Thanks dad.
@webeishere (36353)
Oh they all know how I like to add an eye catching title sweetie. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM THE DADDY FROM HELL!!~
@maddysmommy (16233)
Dayum. I have not done as much walking as that in just one weekend but I tell ya, you must feel good after that (and sore too hehe). I usually can only manage 2-4 miles at most and jogging in between. I have yet to start up again but need to as I feel like a blob haha!
@webeishere (36353)
Tired, more than sore. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@lilybug (21147)
Does walking to the mailbox count as going for a walk? It is about 100 feet each way. Other than that I do not normally go for walks although I should. We have 36 acres of land that I can take a walk on. As far as the pets go, they walk themselves. Actually, they run, but you get the idea.
@webeishere (36353)
Yeah that's a walk. Mine is about 50 feet from my doorstep. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@sherrir101 (3670)
I walk for my health. Now that it is getting warmer, I can walk more. I cannot walk as far as you. I think I would die! When the winter hit us, I gave up my walking and I ended up gaining a few pounds. I have lost those pounds finally. I walk maybe a mile every other day.
@webeishere (36353)
I walk a lot in the house taking care of dad as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Good for you on the walking! Its damp and rainy here today again, but supposed to warm up to the 50s, so I may go for a walk later. Its a half mile to the main road so I usually do a mile at a time. I miss Menards! I did notice a sign here in town that they're building one here, though, so I'll get my 'fix'. I love the candies they have.
@webeishere (36353)
Rain and snow here all day today. Up to 9 inches expected by tomorrow afternoon. Nasty to say the least. Not much walking for me nor Buster today. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mummymo (23707)
Now that title really grabbed my attention AGB! lol Sounds like you had a great time on these walks and very good for your health! I wish I could walk any distance but I can't these days - hopefully I will get back to it one day - I used to love to walk for pleasure and I miss going on family walks! xxx
@webeishere (36353)
Well the title is true. (kinda) If she had been here I would have stayed home doing mylotting or games or something. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@gabs8513 (48712)
Lol well that should keep you nice and fit I do walk but because of my Lungs I can not walk far In the Winter I will go out for short walks with Gissi in the Summer I do take him longer as we go to the Field and slowly walk round it well I am slowly walking while Gissi is enjoying the freedom charging round on the Field
@webeishere (36353)
That's me as well. With my bronchial asthma walking gets to be tedious and a hard task sometimes. Especially hilly areas. But with time and not smoking this too shall get easier I think. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@blackbriar (9080)
WOW! You sure got your exercise in this weekend. Don't think I've ever walked that much 2 days straight. I only walk a mile or 2 a day. Enough to clear my head so I can sleep at night.
@webeishere (36353)
I did walk a lot that's for sure. It's usually my daughter that walks with the wife on the weekends. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@TerryZ (22083)
Good for you! You should be walking every day.LOL Since the weather has been fairly decent Ive started walking again everyday. I dont know how far I walk. I should really get one of those meters that tells youve walked. Happy walking and Im so glad youve quit smoking keep the good work up. It will all pay off in the end.LOl
@webeishere (36353)
Weather nice? HAH! I am in Minnesota and guess what? [b]Up to nine (9) inches of snow expected today. [/b]HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Modestah (11192)
I used to walk a lot - mainly for health reasons - but since we moved here my walking has declined exponentially, we live along side a highway with barely any shoulder - and the road we live on is uneven gravel, due to my week ankles I am not at ease to walk on this gravel by myself - it is only a 1/2 mile road but a half mile is a long way to crawl on gravel should I happen to fall and injure my ankle badly. I do walk it with my children, weather permitting... but currently I have a leg cast on so have not walked it in at least 5 weeks, two more weeks to go till the cast comes off - not sure how much longer before I can walk normally again.
@webeishere (36353)
Yeah please don't attempt the gravel walking. I would love to be able to walk more but at this time I don't enjoy it all that much. I like it but not really enjoy it. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37383)
I used to walk all the time around one of the lakes that Albert Lea is built around.....for my health and for my dog.....now I have bad knees and it's tough to go for a walk but I still go for short ones. Good for you on not smoking!
@KrisNY (7591)
I love to walk. We walk a lot ~ my daughter and me~ when the weather cooperates. We walk because it’s fun and it’s great exercise. Your walks sounded like a lot of fun--- I bet your wife enjoyed having you along. I’m sure the dog loved it. And what a great way to not think about smoking--- walk!
@winterose (39914)
I don't walk but I wish I could walk with you, I really need to get out and walk I would have start a little at a time but I really need to walk.
@ElicBxn (60969)
I wish I could walk that far - I hate not being able to walk distances any more. I can't do the kind of exploring I used to do when I could walk.