Life is going to change for this man.

NY guard gets two years in prison for role in beating cover-up NEW YORK (WABC) -- A former prison guard was sentenced to two years behind bars Friday for helping to cover up a beating at the federal jail where she worked. The guard, Kelly Tassio, was one of 11 officers at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn who were indicted on charges that they either assaulted prisoners or tried to hide the beatings. Six pleaded guilty. Five were convicted at trial. Tassio pleaded guilty last year to a charge that she hung a bedsheet in an inmate's cell in 2002 to prop up a phony story that he had been injured while struggling with guards trying to prevent him from committing suicide. One of the prison's highest-ranking officers, Capt. Salvatore LoPresti, was convicted in October of helping to plan the assault, but acquitted of taking part in the beating. My view on thisI hope she gets to learn first hand how this feels. She should be ashamed of herself for doing this. I love to be a fly on the wall when they close her cell. That person has a family just like she does. Shame and disgrace on her.
@winterose (39922)
yep she should know better, I don't know why people in authority think they can do anything they want and get away with it.
@Thoroughrob (11756)
I hope they get what they deserve. The prisoner was already getting punished and they had no right to take it any further. I hope they all get punished enough that others will think before trying the same things.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Really, that is so wrong, and to think our tax dollars goes to pay for these guards..