Should i still see a doctor?

@hey_baby (426)
I know i should but after my last appointment with a doctor, i'm having second thoughts. i was diagnosed to have endometriosis. i guess, it was just the way the doctor explained it to me why i ran out of hope. she said that it's a mass found inside my ovary or uterus (i forgot where) but i know it's in my lower right tummy. but she added, it can be removed by surgery, but it will soon grow again. there's no way to remove it permanently . but i can take male hormones to prevent it from growing larger, but with major side effects. i didn't bother to ask what side effect,the thought of just taking MALE hormones freaks me out. plus the way she said 'you'll be having till until you die' isn't really nice to hear. she could've said 'as long as you live' or something better. anyway, i am having pains in that area. but my last conversation w/ the doctor made me feel i have a hopeless condition.
that is not hopeless.If you have completed your family, you consider total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingooophorectomy.If you still want to have kids, try depo provera or contraceptive pills.try asking options with your gynecologist
@hey_baby (426)
maybe that's why i'm having second thoughts its because i don't see any good in both options. if i get surgery, i won't have any more chances in having a baby. taking pills according to the doctor will only keep the mass from getting bigger. but i'll have a hard time getting pregnant too. i only have 1 10y.o boy. i would love to have 1 or 2 kids more. thanks for your response!
@dizzblnd (3073)
I also have endometriosis. I have had the surgery to remove what was there at the time. It does come back. Unfortunately, the only "cure" is a complete hysterectomy. They don't know what causes it, as it is found in men as well as women. It can show up in your eye, your arm, your leg.. anywhere. For piece of mind, get a 2nd opinion, but they will probably tell you the same.
@hey_baby (426)
really it shows up anywhere, and with guys too? didn't know that.. you're right, getting a second opinion is the best thing to do. i might hear the same diagnosis, but i guess it will shut me up about it. thanks so much for your response :)
@sunkissed (4332)
Hello hey_baby, Yes you really do need to see a doctor, and very soon I would say.If I were you In would get a second opion from another doctor, befor having this surgury.But there are allot of people with endometrriosis, and have this surgury, it is fairly simple now days.I do not know how old you are, maybe the overy orv uterus can be removed, then the mass will not return. I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 34, no problems. Taking male hormones, is not a bad thing. it just sounds bad to you. Please go see another doctor for another opnion.Good luck.
@hey_baby (426)
yes, i will do that.thank you so much for your response :)
@longbangod (1791)
Oh sad to here about this condition of yours. I suggest try to see another doctor for second opinion. Its not always a hopeless case, as long as we still live, as long as God is there theres is always a solution. I don't like hearing a doctor telling his patients that its a hopeless condition. Because even the worst sickness ever could be cured with our strong faith to God and of course with the help of qualified doctors who serve as intruments of God's power to heal. I am praying for you and please do pray always, nothing is impossible with God. God bless you!