where from do you learn about your parenting way?

Indonesia
since i have no children yet so far, i become interesting to see any kind of parenting. whats in my question at this moment, where from you learn about your parenting to your children? do you have it after read some books, articles, or magazines which related with parenting or you gain it from your parents when the parented your self in the previous time. do you think herritage and environment around you would affect your parenting way? i just want to be good parents for my children later and i want to learn more about parenting for my own self at this moment. would you suggest me, where i should start? is there any website which talked about parenting?
@whiteheron (4223)
I am not a parent but a lot of parents some to me for help... One of the things that I would recommend for all new parents is to get involved in church,temple, mommy and me groups, and most of all to talk with older relatives and friends who are parents themselves as they can provide supports and some reference as to what is normal behavior for children. There are some very good books out there on prenatal care and development. It should be noted that your care of your baby begins now when you are not pregnant, taking care of your physical, mental and spiritual health as the baby of yours will be the Sum of yours and his or her father's life, DNA history, etc.
thats good that in your area has those kind of groups. i n my country those kind group is seldom to find dear. so do you have any idea to learn more about parenting? might be some of website or forum that i can learn more?
@Lakota12 (42794)
probably are some web sights on it. but I had kids brought them up somehow sort of hit and miss I guess I knew that I wouldnt let my girl ifnd out about a women thru school movies or a neighbor . and thought them right from wrong and to use their heads if they were really bad they got a swat on the butt. the worst thing they thought was me making them get a switch that was the most punish for them didnt have to use it the thought of the switch scared them to be good lol. Lots of love goes along ways too.and tell them the truth of what ya have done before they come along for you always make mistakes and you can tell them for a lesson how they take it is really up to them. Mostly they wuold listen and not repeat the same ones.
its nice to hear about your way to parenting your children dear. thank you for sharing with me in here
@Lakota12 (42794)
your most welcome!
@gemini_rose (16194)
I became a parent at 18 years old, I was also a single parent. There was no such thing as a parenting class back then, and I did not live near my parents at the time and so I just had to learn as I went along!! It is instinctive, its funny but somehow you just know what to do and when to do it. My eldest is 16 now and over the years I have just learned as I have gone along, I also remembered how I felt as a child to be treated in certain ways by my parents and so I have not been the same with him. So far he has not turned out to bad, so I guess I did something right! The lessons I learnt bringing my first son up, I have then applied to bringing the others up, I know that they will not all turn out the same and I will probably have more problems with one than the other but I think I should be ok. I am sure you will be a fantastic parent, you worry about it more before it happens, but I promise you as soon as you have your first baby you will just know!!
I learn it from many ways. At first, I like to consult my mother, colleagues and friends about it. I like to learn every detail. I also bought books so that I can read it for my reference. I also try to find the information via the net.