Do you think that an Elephant can jump?

I personally do not think an elephant can jump. We all know that an elephant weighs a couple of tons. So what do you guys think. I also heard that they are scared of rats. Now that is so weird to hear something that big scared of some rats.
@queenofarms (1665)
If they could it wouldn't be very high. I know I couldn't believe they are afraid of a mouse. See it with my own eyes on myth busters.
Yea I believe I heard that they are afraid of rats.
Well if their afraid of a little mouse then they have to be afraid of a rat too.
@rookiekan (883)
i never see the elephant jump in my real life or in the TV screen.but i guess the elephants cant jump,if they can jump that proves they have outstanding sports talent which means they could be the king of the forest. for sure,i often saw they r dancing in the TV screen,it's so cute
Wow I have never seen that.lol!!!!
u can go video websites like youtube or other websites and seach key words"elephant" "discovery" u will find more about elephant.
@posham (1237)
they say that the elephant is the only animal that can't jump.. i don't blame them for not trying..
Yea I know right!! Lol.
@p_vadla (1688)
if we can tickle their ribs with our hands...perhaps!Lol!
@nice030481 (1108)
i think an elephant can jump if they want to. they have thier feet that they can use to jump. i dont know f they are scared for rats, well even me i am afraid of rats to specially if they are too many..
I think elephants can jump.True they don't need to in the wild that often but I think they can jump.As for rodents, I don't know if elephants are afraid of them or not. If I had to guess, I would say they aren't afraid but they aren't used to them. I don't think there are many mice or rats in the jungle or in the plains.
@s2a2n2 (1732)
i dont think so it can...
That's very interesting topic. I don't think an elephant can jump because it is just so heavy. It can stand up but it can't jump anyway.
I went to the search engine and searched your question and it says no they can not jump because of their weight. That is really logical to me. Here is the link that I got the answer to: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/melephan.html
You got me curious about the myth about the elephant being afraid of a mice also. Go to this link and it isn't that they are afraid of a mouse but more cautious. This is a interesting video about a experiment done in Africa with wild elephants. To me it was amazing. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=WpTSA_25wGE
@peaceful (3286)
They can outrun a man, but they can't jump an inch, so you can climb a hill faster than one who's chasing you, if you are lucky, be thankful! :)