Did you have a babysitter when you were toddler?

Romania
As toddler or young did you have a babysitter? How was she/he-young,old? Do you have memories about it?
@tinkerick (1256)
Truthfully I don't have any memories of baby-sitters when I was young. The first memory of I have of having my parents away, my brother was in charge. I believe he was 10 which meant I was almost 8. Of course, we may have been exceptions compared to kids today. My brother and I were both very obedient (at least at that age anyway, lol) and highly intelligent. At age 10, he was a freshman in high school. The first kids I babysat for were sisters ages 6 and 2. I was 12 years old. I wonder if they remember me.
Me neither and like you if we were alone my brother who is 4 years older then me was in charge! and he was the bosssssssss!
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
My mothers aunt and my aunt looked after me a bit. I do not remember. i was 2 something when i first wnet to kindergarden. I do not remember that either
thank you for responding!
@Breath (1297)
My grandparents raised me and my sister and they both stayed home and did not work.So they was with us most of the time.Once in a blue moon we would come home and half to be sent to the neighbore lady to watch us if they had to go some where and could not take us.My experience was good because she was a sweet little old lady her self who always had us a hot meal when she watched us and she would let us watch cartoons ect...
yeah, for me only my grandparents were babysitter, I've never had a real babysitter.But I experiences with my son the job
@Anne18 (11036)
Yes I had a babysitter when I was young and my parents went out for the evening. It was a young girl. As soon as my brother was 10 and I was 8 we were left on our own in the house. I'm now 44 and this happened today well the soical would be called in.
@ghall08 (121)
As a toddler, we have our mom at home to take care of us. but when we reached 7,we dont need a baby sitter because we have lots of cousins and neighbors to keep an eye on us while our parents are away. Mom would just prepare food for us and leave it on the table and we eat it at 12 noon.I lived in the philippines since i was younger and most of the children there dont need a baby sitter :) we just play whole day around the neighborhood and if our parents tell us not to touch the matches (which they hide of course) or touch any other things, we basically obey them. I took care of my siblings when i was 8...the first time i learned to cook rice! bathe my siblings and feed them while our parents are away.