How do you clean your steak?

good old steak  - Wash it an start cooking
I don't make steak that often. I would love to make it just once when I can chew it. I have made a few and the taste is great. The fact that I can't take a bite out of it is bad. But I do find I know how to clean my meat before I cook it. My friends k,her mother takes it right out of the pack. Then just drop it down in the pan. I don't care how much heat is in that pan. I have to wash my meat before I eat it. How do you make steak to just melt in your mouth? Thanks very much for your response.
@winterose (39927)
first you have to buy a cut that is not tough, so that is more expensive, but even tough cheep cuts can be tender, beat it with a tenderizer, marinated it over night, or cut cut it up in small pieces will make it tender, I am afraid I don't clean my steak either, I wouldn't know how.
I place my steak in the sink with some lemon juice. I take a knife and scrap the bone and both sides of the steak. Then I rinse it very well. You will see a difference in your meat when you clean it. I do hope I am not the only person to clean chicken. I do this with chicken and remove the slime from the meat the extra fat that is not needed also.
@winterose (39927)
oh I do the chicken but this is the first time I heard about doing it with steak, thanks for the tip
@sedel1027 (17873)
You can rinse your meat is cool water if you feel the need. Cooking will kill just about anything on the meat, but washing won't even get rid of this that re heat resistant. The best steak has to do with 2 things: cooking time and quality of the meat. I make my own steak rub and cook them to medium rare. A good cut of meat will be juicy and melt in your mouth. I do cook my meat on the forman grill, not sure if that makes a huge difference or not.
I don't know about the grill either. I was just given a george something. The one you put the whole chicken in.
@sedel1027 (17873)
Is that a rotisserie?
@esrine (35)
• Bahamas
you put it in some water with vingear. to make it tender you beat it with a meat tenderiser and then you marinate it in westchestor sauce with sugar, salt garlic and salt. you let it stay over night, when you are cooking it you cook it under slow heat for about 30mims. 2 an hour, it depends on how well done you want it. But the secert to tender steak it the lower the hat the tender it is.
@esrine (35)
• Bahamas
the lower the heat.
@filmbuff (2909)
Personally, I don't think washing meat is a good idea and especially not steak. However if you must, then gently wash it, more like rinse it with cool water. The Heat really does kill bacteria, and your system really can handle bacteria anyways. On to the steak... I eat steak a lot. A LOT. It is one my few pleasures and a staple of my diet. If your steak is that tough when you cook it, it makes me wonder how you are cooking it and what cuts you are using. Cuts of steak, grade of beef, and cooking method as well as resting the meat before eating it are all very important. Cut: I would suggest getting a cut of meat that is meant to be grilled or broiled. Any cut of meat that is cooked on the bone will taste better. T-bone and Porterhouse are great cuts of meat still on the bone. Ribeye is another great choice, and if all else fails, you can use a cut like New York or Kansas City Strip which is basically the same. Grade: Prime is by far the best cut of meat and the most expensive. Choice I believe is next, and will work. Regardless, you want to make sure that the steak you buy is well-marbled, the fat gives the meat the majority of the flavor and will help keep it moist and juicy. The steak also should be bare minimum one inch thick, although something close to two inches is far better. Cooking method: Grill or Broil. Try not to use frozen meat is possible, because you are changing the molecular structure and messing with the moisture levels. Steak should be cooked to rare, or medium rare. Cooking the steak longer, kills the flavor and makes it tougher. Resting: The is important and usually overlooked. The steak needs to rest when you are done cooking it. It can't go from grill to plate! The steak should rest for 4-6 minutes before you cut into it. This allows the juices to cool and absorb back into the meat. It will also even out the color (so you don't get a bullseye effect) and cook meat evenly. If the steak is not rested properly, when you cut into it all the juices run out and you are left with a tough steak to chew on. The best way to rest it is to put the steak(s) on a plate and tent it with tinfoil. Let is sit like that for 4-6 mintues. The steak will still be warm if not hot, and very tender and juicey. Prep Tip: If you really want a juicy tender steak, let it soak overnight in worstershire sauce. When you cook it the next day it will be extremely tender, juicy, moist and flavorful. Hope that helps.
@filmbuff (2909)
Sorry I left out one other important tip: When cooking it is best to sear the meat. Get the grill or broiler realy hot. Then put the steak on it for 30 seconds. Then flip the steak onto the other side, and a fresh area of hot grill to sear that side. This will help keep the juices inside the steak where they belong.
I love tender steaks so I usually make my steak salisury style which simmers slowly in a sauce of mushroom soup over a gas burner on very low until the steak is fork tender it is so good and add a little onion or garlic chopped in it and its really tender and delicious. I do not have a real recipe but goto cook.com and type in salisbury steak and they will give you a ton of recipes for that particular thing. they never have let me down yet. good cooking.
@busta1baby (1239)
wen its made i dnt make it so i dnt clean it in any way...lol
@carmelanirel (21113)
Ewww, I always wash the meat before cooking it. As for making a melt in your mouth steak, first thing you have to do is buy the right meat..My favorite are chuck eyes, but they are expensive, so we don't get them much..And when I cook them or grill them, I marinate them in worcestershire sauce or soy sauce and then season it with garlic and pepper..And sometimes I fry up some onions and mushrooms to go on top..Oh now I am craving steak with onions and mushrooms..
I seen some people do this but it is not going to clean the inside of the steak just the outside and if you wash it too much you could do more damage then good..i seen in a German restauarant a asst. chef do this and the German Chef scremed at him not to do this stupid thing as it ruined the meat!..i don't know if this is true but sometimes those chefs get very in your face if you do someting like this but its funny as they sometimes drop food and rinse it off (maybe) and threw the meat back in pan...lol..the things I seens some chefs do when they are behind schedule you do not want to know.. one time an two order came in..one steak was under cooked and the other steak was under cooked and the chef just cut some of the part that was eaten flash cooked them and put them backin different pans...recycle the food..??it happens...food comes back with the plate not hardly touched? into the food pot..make sure there is no cigerette butts though in the rice..lol..of course the bread is rewrapped...it happens.
@skinnychick (6937)
I wash it and season it with some seasoned meat tenderizer, garlic powder, salt and pepper and throw it on the grill or under a broiler. I like rare to medium rare meat so I keep a close eye on how long it cooks. It takes very little time to cook steak. The more you cook it the tougher it gets...
@moneyandgc (3439)
I have rinsed off poutry but never red meat. The thought has really never crossed my mind because I have never seen anyone do it before. My mom used to rinse off the chicken and turkey then pat it dry. How do you clean a steak?
@emeraldisle (13160)
I don't wash them first but that is up to you. A lot depends on the cut of the meat, some cuts of steak are more tender then others. I do not fry them at all. I broil them. I turn on the broiler on high and then cook them for about 4 minutes per side. I like mine on the rare side. Adjust the time to make them the level of doneness you want. Broiling does make them far more tender. You can marinate them first. This is really good with poorer cuts of meat. I just use Italian dressing. Poke some holes in the meat with a fork and then soak for a few hours before cooking. Another good tip for really good steaks, make sure there is some fat on them. The fat gives the meat the flavor. So don't get one that is too lean.
My mother made steak a few times, but I never knew how she made it really tender.