What was your favorite?

Gifts of life - baby showers are great
I remember when I had my baby shower. I had one favorite gift to remember. I was so glad I did not rely on a baby shower. I bought so much stuff for my baby. I had what I call a blanket affair. Not an actual baby shower at all. I had received a blanket with matching pillow. From more than half of the people invited. See there was a sale going on at the local store. The blanket was $9.99 and so most of the people bought them out. I found it to be very upsetting as well. My friend made ma a photo book from a dollar store photo book. It was padded on the outside. Made with green multi colored fabric. It had blocks all over it. She even wrote a nice passage inside. That was the best gift I received that day. I have no idea what happened to those blankets. What was your favorite gift you received?
@mflower2053 (3227)
At my babyshower everyone knew I was having a girl so everyone bought a cute outfit instead of things that I needed. I was even registered at 2 different places. I did get some stuff off my registery but I had to end up buying alot of stuff. I would have to say the best gift was the shower itself. I had a great time. We danced, some went swimming they guys stayed outside but it was still fun even though I was huge lol.
That sounds like fun for you and the family Swimming and food I would have been very pleased too.
@keyers (159)
I am sorry that happened at your baby shower.I was actually very lucky I received almost everything I needed from my husbands aunts they love babies and they love buying stuff and they got the money to do it.They spents about $1500 they got my crib,play pen,high chair,crib set,car seat and stroller,and lots of clothes.I only had to buy bottles and things like that.I was very very blessed.With my second child he was due in April so I got everything he needed with our tax return.
@keyers (159)
The best gift was her crib set they got everything to match it had flowers and butterflies it was so girly and cute.
I didnt have a baby shower, i live in the UK and its not a custom over here to have them however i recived some lovely gifts upon the birth of my first child and stil ahve most of them. When my second was born people seemed less interested unfortunaly
it happens like that here too. If your a baby making machine. LOL less people will show up after time.
@sedel1027 (17852)
Wow, I would have returned all those blankets to the store. The gift that I recall was the stroller. My Moms Banco friends got together and purchased this really high end Graco stroller and car seat set for me.
Now that was a great gift. I wanted nothing t do with the blankets.
@winterose (39914)
gosh my baby shower was 32 years ago and I got all beautiful stuff lots of clothes and they were all so cute. I think my favourite was a comforter and pillow and sham that matched the baby crib it was beautiful, with blue teddy bears.
@skinnychick (6907)
A journal...Someone had given me a leather bound journal because I had given up writing when my mom thought it was a good idea to read my journal when I was younger. I never wrote in one again until recently~ That was the best gift I had ever received!