Do you let the kids plant in your garden?

Kids are great little helpers.  - Sitting on the wall on a cool summer day.
I don't have a garden any more. I had a beautiful flower selection when I was in Florida. I was talking with a mylot friend. She is doing some planting. I was looking through some gardening info. I was wondering if the kids get in on this. There are so many things kids can do to help out. Even getting dirty and making a mess leaves a bond to remember. That will give you something to laugh about years to come. If you have not planted in the garden.. Get some flower pots and plant something with this kids. Let the bonding begin.
I dont have a garden but years ago my neighbor did and she would have my boys come over and help her all the time, I would get all worried when their balls flew into her garden and she would simply smile and tell me they helped her plant, weed and they could run thru them all they want, they loved helping her and it was such a shame when she moved.
That was very nice of her. Thanks very much
@esrine (35)
• Bahamas
i don't have a garden, but if i did i think i would. kids like to learn about nature and what can teach them more about nature than a garden. You can have a lot of fun with your kids in a garden.
When my daughter was little. We put a potato in water with tooth picks t hold it up. She loved watching it grow.
@minnie_98214 (10574)
If it werent for my 8 year old son we would not have any flowers. I love to grow veggies and foods but I dont care for flowers. But my son is always stealing flowers from his grandpa bob to plant at home. Hes excited to see if any of the lily seeds he planted last year come up.
That would be so nice to see him do. I hope he gets stuff to grow on his own. Thanks
@jhl930 (3607)
I don't really see any kind of problem with letting the kids plant in your garden as long as they aren't trying to dig up the stuff that you have worked hard to plant and get something off of like pepper or something like that...like things that you have worked hard for and want something off of...but other than that I think that it is a really good idea to let the kids try it because they have to work after it to get things to grow and that shows them at hte end if you work for something that it will finally pay off... JHL930
Yes your right about the peppers and things. Thanks so much
@KKKBsmom (1094)
well, my kids have always been a part of our gardening... actually it is just me and them! LOL we are going to get one going here really soon!
@winterose (39931)
you know any kids, send them over to me, I have a yard but too sick to work in it, I would love the help from kids.
@carmelanirel (21108)
For some reason I happen to have kids that are afraid of dirt.. I could never get any of them to help plant..But when it comes to picking, I have many helpers, especially if it was food..
When my kids were younger we always had a vegetable and flower garden. Although they sometimes grumped about having to work the garden, they enjoyed it when it came to harvesting the fresh vegetables. Now that I have grandkids we have some vegetables that we grow in pots. This year I hope to have a spot in the community garden. My grandkids will be enlisted to help with this too. They will enjoy it.