I have a problem

@HerShe (2386)
I have a friend from work who called me today and was telling me she too was not working. Not because she was laid-off, but because she is annemic. She is getting iron shots from the doctor and they make her very sick. She can't afford to be off work, but her doctor has told her she should stay home and rest. She is going crazy because as she rests her bills are mounting. Her fiance is back in Mexico and he won't be back until Nov. 20/06. (He was part of a work program through the government.) That is another large expense. I told her I had heard about this woman who was in debt for thousands of dollars. She went on the internet literally begging for donations. I heard later that she recieved enough money to pay off her debt. I am wondering if any of the people here would contribute to anything like this. I would, but only one dollar; I can spare that. If a lot of people would donate one dollar to my friend's cause, she would be alright. She only needs enough to get her through two months worth of rent. That is only two-thousand dollars. Would you contribute to a cause like this? Please don't think is a scam. I am not a scammer. Please respond one way or the other. Thank you
Right now, I am not in any position to contribute to anyone. I was off work almost two months for carpal tunnel surgery in March. I am still currently $1500 behind on my rent and I am having a hard time just getting money for gas and train tickets back and forth to work and school. I hope she is able to get back to work soon before she gets further in the hole. Has she checked with the local Salvation Army, local churches, township supervisors, Department of Human Services, or even her landlord to see if they have any suggestions as to whom might be able to help her?
@HerShe (2386)
Oh dear! You have as many trouble as my friend. I'm sorry to hear this. How is your recovery from your surgery going? She has checked out all the service/help places there is here. She doesn't qualify until she has 'gone under'. I am still laid-off, but I have heard that the people at work will be taking up a collection to help her out. I think she will be ok. I hope you'll be ok too. Take your vitamins, eat right and get plenty of sleep. My father always said, "If you don't have your health, you have nothing."