Do you know how to encourage a person before a surgical operation?

Romania
Let me explain! Today I visited a coleque of mine who is in hospital right now and tomorrow will suffer a surgical intervention on the brain, due to a tumora which invades her brain and make a lot of damage there. So I went to the hospital and talk to her but there were some big moment, silent ones when I did not find my words, what to say, how to encourage her .I know in this kind of situations you have to be strong with a good moral, before the operation, so to say he right word to a person is crucial. Do you know always what to say in such situation, do you find your words?
@1289786 (51)
Just tell her that its for the best, and tell her that the doctors are trained professionals who do these procedures all the time. We all know that shes strong, cuz shes undergoing alot of pressure. You have to make sure that you be there for her, and make sure that she knows that as well. Did that help at all?
yes, thanks!
as long as i can help others that's fine with me. its makes me happy
@banipenet (283)
I am really sorry for your friend, there are hard moments for her now. That's a difficult situation. The only moment when i was face in face with a similar problem was when my grandmother had to be operated on her gall because it had many stones, but at least the doctors didn't operated her because of her heart problems. Anyway, my grandmother was very afraid and i told her that she have to be brave because she have to live more to be glad of her great-grandson (my son who is 14 months old). But there are many kind of surgical operations and many types of people who react in his/her way to any situation, so we have to adapt to every people. If i would in your place i think that so i would remain without words because is a special case. Good luck for your friend!
thank you for your kindly words! Thanks God now she was operated and she is fine at her home!
@ladysakurax (1163)
In this situation, it's better to talk about positive things. there are alot of things you can talk about. Like what you guys are going to do after her surgery, funny memories you guys had together, or things like that. Talk as if the surgery will be allright and successful.
thanks for your advice!