Can 3month old start eating semisolid food

Can I start giving some semi solid foods like boiled apples,Potatoes She drinks orange juice
@babykeka80 (2003)
You are suppose to wait til 4 months but an occassional bite here or there shouldnt hurt. OJ is really acidic though I would go with something a little lighter like diluted apple juice. OJ hurts coming back up too.
@tinkerick (1256)
Good point about the OJ. We didn't give our kids OJ until they were toddlers.
OJ is rich in vitaminC she catches cold always she is premature too born 1 month earlier thank you I try apple juice
No, it is best not to. YOu might ask her pediatrician. It is best to wait until 4 months to start any solids. Actually you should just do cereal until about 5 months and then start on vegetables. Also you really shouldn't be giving her Orange Juice. Just save your $$ and use it to buy her toys instead.
But she loves it let me wait for few more months to give OJ
@tinkerick (1256)
Make sure it's mashed up really well before feeding it to her. My kids were eating baby cereal and mashed foods right around 3-4 months. Maybe that's why they were such fat babies. And also - to preserve nutrition - I advise steaming them, not boiling. You can get a metal insertable steamer which fits into most pots for pretty cheap at grocery stores. Or you can use a big strainer over a pot of water.
I feed her she gains 500grams per month she was born 1 month earlier yet she was 3.05kg planned to give home made food like ragi. Thank you
@amy0214 (1513)
My doctor said not to give my daughter any solids until 4-6 months old or it could cause food allergies. I wouldnt give her orange juice either b/c it has too much acid in it. My daughter is almost 18 months old and I still don't really give in to her.
@miller1978 (1104)
I have always fed my 6 month old a bite of mashed potatoes, apple sauce, even an occasional bite of pudding since he was about 2 months old. On the juice, I always give him a diluted amount of white grape juice since it's not as acidic as Orange juice and regular apple juice will cause diarrhea if they get to much. The experts say not to feed a baby anything until they are 4-6 months old. Some signs I was told to watch for was the baby staring at you while you are eating, making mouth movements while watching someone eat, able to hold head up without assistance, and either doubles in weight or at least 15 pounds. They warn against introducing foods to early as they think it's linked to children ending up allergic to other foods.