Reincarnation.. inspired by Tee

@tessah (6621)
so theres been lots of discussion about afterlife, hell and brimstones, paradise, and life. so i pose this question to the masses. do you beleive in reincarnation? and if so.. why? and if not.. why? i personally do.. but will withold my reasonings until later
Another reason I am scorned by fellow Christians. Oh well I'm gonna share anyway I do believe in reincarnation to some twisted extent. I believe I've shared with you before. I not only believe people and even some animals get another go, but I also think the world, and possibly the universe gets another try as well. Funny thing is, even though there is no "concrete" evidence in the Bible, I get my inspiration for this belief from the Bible. Funny? is that the right word...maybe ironic? Anyway. The fact that God makes so many references to his time not being measurable, and his ability to answer prayers even from the past, makes me sure that he can go back and forth in time, meaning time is not a continuing motion, but more like a circle. Just like any other circle, time continues to repeat itself and each time it changes a bit. Maybe the circle is more significant than anyone really understands...even the squashed for of a circle, otherwise known as an eclipse or oval. Our world is such a shape, our galaxy, etc...etc... Reincarnation answers so many questions that are constantly left unanswered. Like "old souls", even Christians use this term to refer to someone who seems wise beyond their years...where did they get this wisdom??? Christians claim its a gift from God, but what about the people who don't this God??? Also prophesy and all that...again some would say it comes from God, and if not it comes from Satan to do harm. If that is the case why have so many non-christians made prophesies that came true, but did no harm??? If these people were on the time continuum they would have witnessed the thing they prophesied about, but not remembered that life clear enough to realize it was just a memory. Dinosaurs, cavemen, and all that. Scientists cannot agree on the age of the earth. One says a few thousand years, another says billions, and yet others say immeasurable. ((clearing throat)) If the earth has had several chances to "live" some of the old remains could be left each time, and hence the earth cannot be dated, because the times overlap. I would love to hear what other Christians have to say about this??????? Thanks for another great topic Tess:) ..hugs..
eh...not too old:) I've brought back discussions a year old. But I'm glad I could finally get the story out of ya!! Its a very good one. I can't magine those emotions!!! I don't have anything that concrete to share, but a little prophesy thingy;) When I was 14 er 15 (somewhere in there) my mom had a dream she had to tell me about. Ok, maybe it was closer to 16, since I remeber driving...anyway. We had just joined a church, that now looking back I can see it was a CRAZY decision to make, and we were all changing all the things about our lives to conform to this church. Not major things, and most of which bebefited us later in life, but that is for another story. The dream...she had to tell me about this dream...and I haven't thought much aout it since. She described my life, my wedding, my children...their ages, sexes, etc...she couldn't quite tell me of my husband sept for he wore a hat, and glasses. The kitchen window over looked the back yard, and there were about 10 or so kids playing in it. She knew the house belonged to one of her adult children, but wasn't quite sure which one of us it was. We were all there celebrating a holiday together. My oldest brother was married with children and she knew he lived out of state. My youngest brother was there with a lady friend, but no kids and he too traveled from out of state. She described the backyard in complete detail. Somethings added in from her own mind I'm sure. Advance about 6 years. At my wedding she made a comment about the man I was marrying definitely not the one from the dream. We both shrugged it off as the dream was just a dream and whatever... Move 6 years forward. My brother is married with three children and lives in PA, the younger brother is single and live in VA. My fiance wears a ha almost every waking hour, and glasses as well. My kitchen window above the sink over looks my backyard, that is identical to her description, sept for the junkyard which was obviously her own personal dream within a dream:), and I am working to begin a daycare, so I have about 6-9 kids in my yard at any given time. She had dreamed of a car that was used for play. In her dream she interpreted it as a beetle(volkswagon) we have one of those plastic toddler car beds out in the back for a sand box. A garden lead the walk to the garage door...we are still working on that. I really didn't do the story justice, but you can get the picture. I'm trying to hurry through my typing to get dinner started. Hugs..
@tessah (6621)
;giggles; whats for dinner? love the story.. remind me to tell you a bit of prophecy of my own sometime
spagetti, but my 8 year old is dautling on the dishes, so I must wait a few more minutes. I would love to hear your story!!!
@filmbuff (2909)
I fully believe in reincarnation. Why? It seems the only logical answer. I'm going to try to explain my beliefs without going into too much personal detail, or draw from too many personal experinces, because frankly I don't want to share them here, on this open of a forum. My theory however is this: This life is a placing of learning. To learn both the good and the bad. It's a prooving ground so to speak, to prepare us for the next level of existence when we have learned and experienced all there is to learn and experience from this life. When it's time to move on, I figure that we do. How much can one learn from one life? I mean really, it's a blink of the cosmic eye so to speak. Sure you can learn a lot but it seems silly to think that you would even scratch the surface with only one life. What about all those who die so young, or barely live? That's it? On to heaven or hell or whatnot with absolutely no experience of the physical, mental, and emotional human existence? It just doesn't make sense to me. What about all the connections people feel to each to other, upon first meeting them... these had to come to somewhere. Or the feelings of having been somewhere before, knowing a complete stranger and the list could go on and on. So yes, I do believe in reincarnation.